Options

Spring Loaded

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited November 14, 2011 in People
My wife's trainer had her official grand opening of her new, larger facility today. She put of a few demos of the various classes she teaches to showcase some of the new trainers they hired and to draw new clients. I brought my camera along for the heck of it and got a few cool photos. I will probably end up letting her have them as a gift. I just uploaded them to my puter and couldn't hesitate working on this shot.

DSC4160-Edit-X2.jpg

The guy flying through the air does the "Extreme MMA Fitness" class. He's trained in MMA and is just amazing to watch. Absolute explosive power. I fancy myself as a somewhat of strong guy and I can take a pretty good punch. This dude... he'd knock me out with one blow. No question in my mind
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    "Le moment decisive" as they say. You got the right moment, fairly good BW conversion. I only mis a bit the sharpness of the subject. Its sharp but not as it should be. The vignette might be better if it was not that dark.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    The softness I think is a combination of things. One is I shot at ISO 1600 because flash was just not working so I lost some detail, even with my awesome D700. The space was just too large and the ceilings were dark so the light from the flash was just being sucked up. The other thing is that I was shooting wide open, at 2.8, so even though focus is actually dead on this guy, my lens is a bit soft at that aperture.

Overall, I love the shot.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    I want to see the face here. The "pose" is very strong and the shot could work as a part of PJ series...alone it is lacking
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2011
    You're so demanding Daniel. Jeez. I will post some more from this set in another thread. bowdown.gif

My Smug Site