Foooood!!

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited November 13, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I've been getting into food photography, lately. I still have plenty to learn, but here are a few.

From today, some home-made (by me) vegetable-beef soup:
Soup-2011-11-12073-XL.jpg

A BBQ beef sandwich from a local restaurant, Holy Smokes BBQ:
Holy-Smokes-10-15-11-059-XL.jpg

And a rack, with sides, from the same place:
Holy-Smokes-10-15-11-047-XL.jpg
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• LeonieLeonie Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    These look good, love chunky homemade soups at this time of year :) I like the shallow dof in the second photo and the light reflecting off the ribs give them a nice glossy appearance making it look very appetising, I love ribs so now you've made me hungry :)
    ~ Keep it simple ~

Smugmug Gallery

Team Hannah
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Boy, Lee, it's a real treat to see you out and around....something we don't get to enjoy nearly enough.

It's interesting that you're getting into food photography. It's my impression that it's not an easy shoot...I think that's why those that get good at it can earn some serious money. I wish you the best, my friend.

BTW, I hope you'll still treat us to some of your architectural work now and then.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    The food looks so yummy .. you photographed them beautifully :D
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Thank you, everyone.

Tom: Yes, I'm enjoying it very much. I love how detail-intensive it is. This is just beginning stuff, so more is in the works. The architecture won't end.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather