Rainbow

tshaddicktshaddick Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
edited November 14, 2011 in Landscapes
I typically don't take many landscapes photos, I'm more into wildlife and macro photos. But I took this picture of a rainbow in Jasper and thought I would share.

i-gRMnp5w-M.jpg

Comments

• deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Hi, I only do wildlife myself but I just came home from jasper and this makes me want to go right back. Love the light!!
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • tshaddicktshaddick Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Thanks - I know it's off topic, but did you see anything while you were in Jasper. It's one of my favorite places to go, but I have never been there this time of year or in the winter. This photo was taken in the morning on the way from Hinton to Jasper. The sun was just coming up, that's why the mountains were so well lit and the foreground is dark. It seemed to work.
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Like the title and the subject... oh, and the photo, too! clap.gif

Suggest you change the photo size to be a little larger for better viewing.
  • tshaddicktshaddick Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 13, 2011
    Much better viewing larger.

I really like the light transition from sky to foreground. Clouds and distant mountains look great, AND its a double rainbow!
  • deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    tshaddick wrote: »
    Thanks - I know it's off topic, but did you see anything while you were in Jasper. It's one of my favorite places to go, but I have never been there this time of year or in the winter. This photo was taken in the morning on the way from Hinton to Jasper. The sun was just coming up, that's why the mountains were so well lit and the foreground is dark. It seemed to work.
    Hi, if you can get there in the winter you gotta go, it is beautiful and there is no one around and you can explore all the area's without traffic. All the animals come down to the lower areas which is great and if you can, take a horse ride. The guy takes you from town high into the mountains and it is fantastic!! Try to do it in the morning [ I did it in the early evening, a little to dark for my camera]. I camp even in winter but the hotel rates are only $62.00 to $80.00 for almost all the hotels in town, can't beet those prices. My dad just got back and he only paid 300 for 5 nights stay!!! Spring is great also as the water melting from the waterfalls is fantastic[ on the icefields road]. The roads are all plowed good but if you go off the main let someone know, keep your cell phone handy but you may have to walk for a signal in some areas like snaring river etc. Take care and post some shots if you get out this winter.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com