Return To The Old Building

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited November 16, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I went back to the old building I shot a couple of weeks ago. I originally thought it was an old church. I found out it was once a school. A great deal of the building has collapsed and the portion I had thought was what remained of a church steeple was, in fact, the bell tower to the school. Most of the roof has fallen and, as you can see, fairly large trees have grown up inside the walls.

old-school-012-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    Sad to see, but I'm glad you caught yet another old place for posterity. Way to go, Tom.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Sad to see, but I'm glad you caught yet another old place for posterity. Way to go, Tom.

Hi Lauren,

Sadly, this was my last opportunity to shoot this old school. It's located on acreage owned by a predominantly black Catholic church in St. Augustine. There's quite a bit of history involving the church and school.....dating back into the late 1800's. Starting this Wednesday, the old school will be completely boarded up in an effort to keep street derelicts from camping out in the ruins.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    I like this a lot, Tom.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    Cornflake wrote: »
    I like this a lot, Tom.

Thanks for looking in, Don. I appreciate the support.

Tom