Options

DSS 89 -Early - 1st try

JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
edited November 14, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
It's been a while since I've done this, but I'm just going to jump in and try anyway.
What do you think about these 3? No titles yet ...

1:
earlyeveningP1060412.jpg

2:
earlyevening2-P1060479.jpg

3:
earlymorning-P1060458.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    edited November 14, 2011
    Is it too late to get opinions of these images? :) I can't make up my mind.

I re-edited this one, which is kind of my favorite. Does one stand out, or should I go with one of the previous images?

Any input is appreciated. :)

4. I sharpened it up a bit and added a tad bit more contrast.
    earlyeveningA-P1060412-M.jpg

5. I put a filter on this one.
    earlyevening-filter1-P1060412-M.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    Jenn- they don't really say 'early' to me. I'm just not getting it. I know the deadline is tonight, but you still have some time.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited November 14, 2011
    Hi Jenn, they aren't strongly saying "early" to me either. I like #4 the best of these. I can tell that you tweaked the sharpening :D Wonder whether boosting the saturation a bit would bring out a bit more of the color in the sky?

Welcome back!

Gretchen
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited November 14, 2011
    Just saw your entry, Jenn. Great title!
  • Options
    edited November 14, 2011
    SeascapeS wrote: »
    Jenn- they don't really say 'early' to me. I'm just not getting it. I know the deadline is tonight, but you still have some time.

They were all either Early Morning or Early Evening photos. That's what I was trying for.. I didn't have titles for them yet when I posted, originally. I kind of think a title helps a lot in pointing to the theme, sometimes .. maybe?
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Hi Jenn, they aren't strongly saying "early" to me either. I like #4 the best of these. I can tell that you tweaked the sharpening :D Wonder whether boosting the saturation a bit would bring out a bit more of the color in the sky?
    Welcome back!
    Gretchen

Thanks for the Welcome back! #4 was taken in the early evening... the sky looked just like it is in the photo. A light blue at the top and near the bottom it was losing the color just like it does when it begins to get dusk outside. I can't really think of a good title for it, tho. I could put a blue filter on it, but then it wouldn't really be true to the early evening with dusk nipping at the heels of the blue sky. Kind of poetic.. huh? :D
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Just saw your entry, Jenn. Great title!
    Thanks! :D I don't know what it was about #2 that just had me going back to it. I really liked how the sun was glistening through the tree like it was. Not too much.. make sense? Then the title came to me, so I thought .. "that's it!" lol shoot ... I'm grasping at straws thinking I might get a good photo every now and then. What I like doesn't often line up with what other people like. If I get any votes I'll be tickled pink! :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)