Options

A Few Snapshots.

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited November 15, 2011 in People
I mentioned in another post that my wife roped me into to going to her trainer's grand opening of her new gym. I brought my camera along for fun. They put on a few demos and I took a few snaps while I sat around waiting for my wife. I guess it was better than when I get stuck sitting on the "stupid chair"... you know, the chair that is sitting outside of every woman's dressing room?

I shot these all with available light because the room was just not cooperating with bounce flash. ISO was 1600 with my lens wide open at f/2.8. Didn't make for the sharpest photos so I went with B&W mostly with a bit of grain added. I kind of think the processing fits the setting.

Hope you enjoy. Comments are always welcome... good and bad.

1. Teaching a variation on the pushup - explode forward and up in the air. Many men can't do a couple pushups so I was impressed that this gal was able to get off the ground.
DSC3788-Edit-X2.jpg

2. Jump kicking the bag. Missed the focus on this shot. Oh well. Btw, that's Jeanette, my wife's trainer
DSC3879-Edit-X2.jpg

3. Jeanette looks on while Michael goes at the bag
DSC3941-Edit-X2.jpg

4. Michael teaching the gals how to beat someone down when they have you in their guard.
DSC3975-Edit-X2.jpg

5. Then this got interesting when they did Burlesque Fitness
DSC4098-Edit-X2.jpg

6. I think this would have been a great shot had I focused on the gal in the BG. However, I was too busy checking out those legs. :wink
DSC4021-Edit-X2.jpg

7. One more. I need to do a shoot with this gal.
DSC4042-Edit-X2.jpg

8. The Burlesque crew. After watching, I may take up the class. I will make sure I get the spot in the back. :D
DSC4110-Edit-X2.jpg

9. How bout some bear crawls
DSC4139-Edit-X2.jpg

10. Work on the heavy bag
DSC4232-Edit-X2.jpg

11. Get on the floor and do it now!
DSC4366-Edit-X2.jpg

12. They did what she wanted
DSC4375-Edit-X2.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2011
    I feel like such a wuss.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    These are great alex
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    I feel tired, sore and woefully inadequate physically just from looking at these.
  • Options
    briandelionbriandelion Registered Users Posts: 512 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    I've told you before I think you have a real flare for this kind of photography. Recently I checked out your landscape images on your website. Amazing stuff, also! You are one versatile photographer.
    "Photography is not about the thing photographed.
    It is about how that thing looks photographed." Garry Winogrand

Avatar credit: photograph by Duane Michals- picture of me, 'Smash Palace' album
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    Nice series. Looks like a lot of fun.
    I think if they catch you working out in the back of the class taking pictures of the booty's you will be the one on the ground getting schooled.....in a bad way that is.
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    Icebear wrote: »
    I feel like such a wuss.

Don't. I lift weights 4 times a week and am in pretty darn good shape. Even I felt like a big sissy while watching these folks workout.
    Qarik wrote: »
    These are great alex

Thanks Daniel. You have a good eye for stuff so glad you like them. I'm sure you appreciate that there are no shirtless photos of me included.
    I feel tired, sore and woefully inadequate physically just from looking at these.

Laughing.gif.
    I've told you before I think you have a real flare for this kind of photography. Recently I checked out your landscape images on your website. Amazing stuff, also! You are one versatile photographer.

Thanks Brian. I guess I underestimate my abilities as a photographer. I often feel like my photos can be a lot better than they are so your feedback does boost my confidence.
    zoomer wrote: »
    Nice series. Looks like a lot of fun.
    I think if they catch you working out in the back of the class taking pictures of the booty's you will be the one on the ground getting schooled.....in a bad way that is.

No doubt and my wife would be the first one putting me in a choke hold. rolleyes1.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site