Options

sold: canon 85mm f/1.2L *mint*

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited October 24, 2005 in Flea Market
it's just a couple of months old, bought at b&h in august 2005, new by me. date code, ut0709, this year. us model with 10 months or so remaining on the waranty. to say this lens is *mint* is to insult the lens. it's in as-new condition, and comes complete with box, pouch, both caps, hood, and papers (instruction book, and warranty card). i bought the lens in person, so it was hand-picked by me (it was the third one i looked at) at the counter at b&h. it is in absoutely perfect working order. you'll be hard pressed to tell this from a new unit fresh off the shelf. oh and there's no "usual wear and tear" on the lens hood.

41254855-L.jpg
41254817-L.jpg

i have a perfect record of satisfied buyers here on dgrin, you can buy with confidence from me.

price: $1350. your check or bank check are welcome. i'll ship when funds clear. your paypal is welcome, too, but you'll pay the fee, about 3% for u.s. buyers. price includes shipping in continental u.s. by ups ground, insured. international buyers are welcome, but you'll pay any and all customs, duties, tarrifs, and border bribes LOL on your end. the item is located near nyc, and in-person inspection is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    andy wrote:
    i bought the lens in person, so it was hand-picked by me (it was the third one i looked at) at the counter at b&h. it is in absoutely perfect working order. you'll be hard pressed to tell this from a new unit fresh off the shelf. oh and there's no "usual wear and tear" on the lens hood.

I was there, I witness the picking of the lens. I am not sure if I am surprised it is being sold. headscratch.gif Whatever will andy buy now. deal.gif:D

andy is an awesome seller and a buyer too. deal.gif

33196138-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2005
    thanks patch lol3.gif

lens is sold.
  • Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2005
    andy wrote:
    thanks patch lol3.gif

lens is sold.

Just paypal me my commission. deal.giflol3.gif That took a while didn't it. rolleyes1.gif

If only I did receive a commission on every piece of gear andy bought and sold. I would have a trunk full of 1Ds mkII's and lots of big fast glass. naughty.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited October 23, 2005
    That didn't take very long.shocked2.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2005
    i was asked why i sold it. it's a great lens, no doubt. it, and its' step-brother, the 85 f/1.8, are quite the pair, and offer up fodder for endless speculation about which is better.

the 1.2 is buttery smooth in the bokeh department - but the 1.8's no slouch there either. the color and contrast is superb on the 1.2, only "really, really good" on the 1.8. if i were to use it 100% in the studio, i'd keep it. it's not a street lens, and it weighs down the backpack something awful. the 1.8 is such a joy to use, super fast focus, and really really light.

so there. that's why. they're both good. the 1.8 though, for me, is smarter, because i can carry it and use it all the time.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited October 23, 2005
    15524779-Ti.gif But I'm keeping both of mine for nowxzicon_smile_cool.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    I swear my 85/1.2 has rarely been off my camera, except to use the 35/1.4. I am hooked on fast glass, weight be damned. I'll hire a sherpa and my ex mother-in-law to haul around my glass.

Andy, did you have this lens when I bought my 85/1.2?