Options

B&W Blonde

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited November 15, 2011 in People
This shot is studiowork without flashlight, instead the pilot light is used as the only light source.

The model is present and absent at the same time through the B&W contrast and the look angel of the eyes.

Yes , it is different as it is a very frontal picture with the gravity in the center. `normally not the best pose" Yet I wanted to try it by putting some glamour in a central/front picture.

Don't hold back any comments, whatever they are. As a photographer, one tends to couple emotions to a picture. I have them,since I was working with the model, I know how she is. But if I can not put them in the picture then it will mean nothing to you as the viewer.

I wonder if you can describe the models mood at that time of the picture, I will tell you Later

DSC5806-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    I like the light and processing. Still trying to decide if I like the pose. Definitely get the feeling like she's avoiding eye contact. She doesn't look "lost in though" but more "I'm not going to acknowledge you".
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    As you mentioned the pose is pretty square, not ideal.....other than that it works for me. If her chin had been up just a smidge instead of down just a smidge I would have liked it better.....even just a small turn to the photo right would have put this over the top.
    She looks amazing and the lighting works with the glow effect. I like this vacant attitude from the model.
    "Did I leave the iron on?".
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    The lighting is very pretty, but it looks a little over-processed to me. The model looks kind of grumpy to me.
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2011
    TXS for the comments, indeed she was in a very grumpy mood. It took a while to get the right shots as It was all about the make-up.
    TXS for viewing and commenting
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2011
    ***** hot. Am I allowed to say that? :D

I like it. Wish I had a studio to set my lights up in.

Sure , its a free world rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited November 15, 2011
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Sure , its a free world rolleyes1.gif

Sorry to be the party pooper. However, you're not allowed to say that mwink.gif

Covered in our Forum Rules.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,919 moderator
    edited November 15, 2011
    I like the lighting. It gives nice depth to the picture (hair over the shoulder). I like how it falls off toward her waist too.

About the only criticism is the eyes. The are a wee bit too dark and there's a bit of extra white in her right eye--not sure what's causing that--doesn't look like catch light. You don't need to lighten the eyes much. Just a bit.

There's also a pin head visible in her cleavage. Might want to clone that out.

Overall, it's a very nicely lit portrait that I'm sure your model will love.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?