Options

Camera Insurance for South Africa

ChaKiraChaKira Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
edited November 29, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
Not sure if this is the right place but I didn't know where else to put it!

Where can I get good insurance to cover my camera for my trip to South Africa? I'm not sure if travel insurance will cover it - if so, where from?

(I'm based in the UK)

Thanks
Megs x
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

Megan Amelia Photography

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    not being from the UK I have no idea where to send you,but here is a link to a simple Google search for UK Camera Insurance : http://tinyurl.com/7xwrxjb ,,, ... ... I would make sure it covers everything from YOU spilling a drink on it to dropping in a well, a lions eating it to theft or any ACT of GOD ...total NO Fault and full current Replacement Value with as small of a deductible as possible ... ... ... I used to read several of the UK photo Mags and it seems there were all sorts of ads for camera Insurance in their ad sections..... Good Luck
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2011
    In the US, your homeowner's policy can cover things like cameras. I have no idea how insurance works in the UK, so that's just a thought. Definitely let us know what you do! I'm really curious how this all works. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    FedererPhotoFedererPhoto Registered Users Posts: 312 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    In the US you can easily just get a rider for personal camera gear. I think mine cost me 44 bucks to insure like 10 grand of equipment before I went pro.

That siad, if you use your gear for professional purposes, a rider on your homeowners insurance will NOT cover you because the gear is a business asset, not an asset of the household.
    Minneapolis Minnesota Wedding Photographer - Check out my Personal Photography site and Professional Photography Blog
    Here is a wedding website I created for a customer as a value-add. Comments appreciated.
    Founding member of The Professional Photography Forum as well.