Options

Card tab not showing

zoomnzoomn Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
edited November 23, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
Hello,

I've searched the threads for this topic and have read a lot, but haven't been able to solve this puzzle. The card tab is missing from several of my galleries, even though I have prices set for cards. I know I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Pat

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2011
    Link to one of these galleries? ear.gif
  • Options
    edited November 15, 2011
    Sorry -- here's the link to one of the galleries: http://www.zoomnphotography.com/Portraits/Victoria/20066678_wCvPTM/1582360198_WDdPxZc
    What I just discovered though is that I can create a card if I open in Safari but not in Firefox.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2011
    Hm, please write our heroes, with some more specifics - you said card "Tab" but now I'm thinking you mean "create a card" - we can help you fastest by emailing us http://help.smugmug.com thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2011
  • Options
    BMMImagesBMMImages Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2011
    Also seeing this issue where "Create a Card" is no longer available for any of my galleries or albums. Emailed support, as I have clients waiting to order cards, and hope it's resolved quickly. Odd thing is, I had clients order cards a week or two ago without issue.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2011
    Bob,
    Can you either include a link to a specific gallery or write the helpdesk with details?
    Your signature site links seems to lead to a non SmugMug site.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    BMMImagesBMMImages Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited November 22, 2011
    Looks like in my case it's a browser issue. The laptop I was using was running a brand new version of Safari (5.1.3) that displayed the albums and galleries in a completely different graphic way (much nicer, actually), but the card option was nowhere to be found. Switched to Firefox, and all was fine. Also, on a slightly older build of Safari (5.1.1), things were fine, as well.

I'm very curious why the album interface was so different between the 5.1.3 and 5.1.1. The graphics and layout were pretty significantly different...
  • Options
    edited November 22, 2011
    BMMImages wrote: »
    Looks like in my case it's a browser issue. The laptop I was using was running a brand new version of Safari (5.1.3) that displayed the albums and galleries in a completely different graphic way (much nicer, actually), but the card option was nowhere to be found. Switched to Firefox, and all was fine. Also, on a slightly older build of Safari (5.1.1), things were fine, as well.

I'm very curious why the album interface was so different between the 5.1.3 and 5.1.1. The graphics and layout were pretty significantly different...

can you make screen grabs?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2011
    Bob,
    Sounds to me as if you were taking part in our new gallery style sneak peek:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=198816
    That's only available to you as the logged in account owner if you opt into the new gallery style. Visitors can't use it and if you've opted into it, you may have to opt out of it before you can use your site as a logged out visitor in that browser.

At this point the 'create a card' option doesn't seem to be available in the new gallery style sneak peek. Opt out of it to be able to use the card creator:
    www.smugmug.com/darkroom
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero