RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    Hmmmm?!
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    doob wrote: »
    was this a blind/hip shot? its quite interesting

Not a hip shot. Looked through the viewfinder when I shot it. I'm just a lot shorter than I seem or at least willing to crawl to get the occasional keeper.
    bfjr wrote: »
    I mean this in the kindest way,

Not enough MAN in that man!
    What man drinks from a straw?
    Well maybe if he'd been in a bar fight the night before ! :D

I'd tell you where he'd likely been the night before if it wouldn't lead to a separate discussion. An altercation was certainly a possibility. The straw wasn't a requirement though. Australians can be a fastidious bunch.
    RSL wrote: »
    Hmmmm?!

Oblique reference... Just having some fun.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2011
    Okay Jennifer, now I begin to understand. When I was at Ubon in 1964 we hung out with the Aussie fighter squadron guys across the runway. They had a game they played in their officers' club called "carrier landing." Everybody would get complete sloshed and then they'd put a bunch of tables together end-to-end. Once the carrier deck was ready, they'd wet it down with beer and then pick up a couple guys and toss them down table. Looks as if this guy might be ready for a carrier landing.
  • Options
    IslandcrowIslandcrow Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    I kinda like it. Something a little different, and it gets my imagination stirring. A nice composition I say.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    It's beautiful, like the hand of God touching Adam in the famous fresco though updated for 2011. I know in regard to your work I always speak in superlatives but this shot is truly magnificent. I would frame it and put it on my wall.
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    Jennifer, sell Damon a print, quick :-)
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    This is from an Occupy event. In all seriousness, I'll sometimes spend a couple of hours or so just shooting from odd angles. In this case, I was moving around the crowd at ground level and going for feet and torsos. I had the 50mm on and saw the reach and fumble around the bottle and barely got a frame or two off before it went away.
    damonff wrote: »
    It's beautiful, like the hand of God touching Adam in the famous fresco though updated for 2011. I know in regard to your work I always speak in superlatives but this shot is truly magnificent. I would frame it and put it on my wall.

Thanks Damon. I generally have no clue what others will think of any of my stuff. Personally, I like this shot a lot but I'm bothered by the slight motion blur in the fingers. I haven't printed anything for a while but it's time to change that. I'll be heading to my local art service company to get a standard test print done.
    richardman wrote: »
    Jennifer, sell Damon a print, quick :-)

Umm, I'd need to figure out a price. I suck at that. Damon, you're welcome to a print.