1st Hockey of the season, WMU vs. MSU

OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
edited November 19, 2011 in Sports
Saturday was my first sports shoot in a while. Due to school district budget cuts, I ended up coaching two high school diving squads this fall and the camera had to take some time off.
It took me a little time to gat back into the flow of the game, so I didn't have too many keepers. Here are a few. D700, 70-200 2.8 AFS. Shot in RAW, NoiseNinja, minimal sharpening.

C&C always welcome.

DSC6725a-L.jpg

DSC6786a-L.jpg

DSC6807a-L.jpg

DSC6868a-L.jpg

DSC6889a-L.jpg

Best Regards,

Comments

• northcoastnorthcoast Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    I'm still learning and I'll limit my comments. The one thing that I noticed in #1-4 is the slight tilt. Notice the lines in the background. Otherwise, very nice captures! I wish the rinks I have been shooting at had better lighting and clean glass...
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    northcoast wrote: »
    I'm still learning and I'll limit my comments. The one thing that I noticed in #1-4 is the slight tilt. Notice the lines in the background. Otherwise, very nice captures! I wish the rinks I have been shooting at had better lighting and clean glass...

Thanks Northcoast, sharp eyes my friend.mwink.gif I must admit I did not check my backgrounds on some of my shots.eek7.gif #2,#5 look ok though.:D
  • northcoastnorthcoast Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    I do think the crop of #2 two could be rotated slightly. I came up with 0.54 degree tilt clockwise in LR3. That is the opposite direction of the others. Look at the vertical lines (e.g. red line on the boards and the ads)... and it makes the top of the boards more horizonal.
  • dabaphdabaph Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited November 19, 2011
    I am going to shoot a Hockey game next week, it will be the first time shooting Hockey. when you are shooting the game are you shooting thru the glass or over?
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    dabaph wrote: »
    I am going to shoot a Hockey game next week, it will be the first time shooting Hockey. when you are shooting the game are you shooting thru the glass or over?

I shoot thru the glass and try to find as clean a spot as possible... which is difficult to say the least! eek7.gif
    Place the lens right up against the glass in order to get a clean shot and be aware of body checks coming
    in your direction!:D