Options

Back Up

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited November 23, 2011 in Wildlife
Was playing around outside my house balancing flash with ambient but she was more interested in the camera and kept sticking her nose on it. She wanted me to get on with feeding time and quit fooling around.

DSC2909-L.jpg

DSC2910-L.jpg

DSC2933-L.jpg

DSC2906-L.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,196 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    The 3rd one looks like she's saying "Enough Already!! Just feed me, PLEASE????" Love the close-up of #4. One of my friends feed the deer that come up to her back yard, but none of them will let me get this close for picture-taking. Cool shots.

Sherry
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2011
    Thanks Sherry. I have several of them that eat out of my hand, pockets, garage ... anywhere they can get. They will follow my car when they hear me coming and get in the trunk while I am trying to get the groceries out ... lol. One of the babies from this year is getting very confident already.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    Very cool, I want to come over for coffee-lol. I like #3 and the close up is great.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Options
    NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    friendly little family! Well done.
  • Options
    PhotoGUY123PhotoGUY123 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 18, 2011
    I have concerns about feeding wildlife. I know here in Montana the state has passed a law that it is illegal to feed wildlife. There are several reasons to not feed wildlife; wildlife becomes reliant on the feedings, it interrupts the natural process of nature, natural foods are better for wildlife than anything man made, the wildlife become less wild, there is potential for more risk to wildlife and individuals feeding them. A bite from a wild animal can cause serious health issues. Ever see the photos of the bears in Yellowstone Park decades ago who had become used to feeding out of the garbage cans of businesses in nearby towns? Many of those bears became used to venturing into town for food, some had to be destroyed as they would not remain in the wild. I think it would be best if photographers not feed wildlife.
  • Options
    Dennis KaczorDennis Kaczor Registered Users Posts: 2,413 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Great series of images and you seem to have your hands full with these guys.
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2011
    I have concerns about feeding wildlife. I know here in Montana the state has passed a law that it is illegal to feed wildlife. There are several reasons to not feed wildlife; wildlife becomes reliant on the feedings, it interrupts the natural process of nature, natural foods are better for wildlife than anything man made, the wildlife become less wild, there is potential for more risk to wildlife and individuals feeding them. A bite from a wild animal can cause serious health issues. Ever see the photos of the bears in Yellowstone Park decades ago who had become used to feeding out of the garbage cans of businesses in nearby towns? Many of those bears became used to venturing into town for food, some had to be destroyed as they would not remain in the wild. I think it would be best if photographers not feed wildlife.

15524779-Ti.gif

Nice pictures though. Down here they are very shy.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    deb22 wrote: »
    Very cool, I want to come over for coffee-lol. I like #3 and the close up is great.

Got a lawn chair and a large cup for ya anytime. Thanks for stopping by.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    Netgarden wrote: »
    friendly little family! Well done.

Thank you very much.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011

Thanks for stopping by, appreciate the input. I understand your concerns. Here in the lakeside community in which I live in Texas it is not against the law to feed the wildlife. These deer live in the wooded areas surrounding my house. They are at my house sleeping, playing, eating, having their babies, etc. whether I feed them or not. Giving them an evening snack has not seemed to deter them from eating the trees, plants, shrubs, etc. in the area.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    Great series of images and you seem to have your hands full with these guys.

Thanks Dennis.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    Harryb wrote: »
    15524779-Ti.gif

Nice pictures though. Down here they are very shy.

Thanks Harry.
    LadyTX