Options

Rome Night

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited January 23, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
I put some Rome night fountain shots up in another thread where I was explaining about EXIF data. I would like to get some critiques and comments on the pictures. If your bandwidth can take it, click on the picture to see an even larger, but unmodifed version.

rome00dec247night_s.jpg

And now two of the fountain shots...

rome00dec227nightftn_s.jpg

rome00dec245nightftn_s.jpg
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    Charles, I like the first shot. I like building shots. The shiny streets are a plus. Wouldn't mind it a bit darker around the base of the building, more mysterious. And fewer blown-out highlights at the top. But overall a pleasing image that takes us to a different place. The second fountain shot has a little shake in it, not terribly crisp. I'd prefer the first fountain shot without the vehicles.

BTW, how do you turn the photo itself into a link? ear.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Charles, I like the first shot. I like building shots. The shiny streets are a plus. Wouldn't mind it a bit darker around the base of the building, more mysterious. And fewer blown-out highlights at the top. But overall a pleasing image that takes us to a different place. The second fountain shot has a little shake in it, not terribly crisp. I'd prefer the first fountain shot without the vehicles.

BTW, how do you turn the photo itself into a link? ear.gif
    Of course you are right about the shake. I am always pushing the limit on handheld shots and that was f2.8 & 1/6 sec at 35mm focal length. The shot you like was also f2.8 & 1/6 sec., but was at 18mm focal length. I might have gotten away with 1/15 sec but I still do not think the brightly lit upper floor would have avoided being blown.

You do the photo link the same as with text. Select the picture and then click the link button and do the usual.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2004
    Got it! thumb.gif

2075090-M.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au