P1060561-juke.jpg
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6

Comments

• Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    Looks like it's straight out of car & driver magazine, Jen thumb.gif very nice! The color is great... so many people are attracted to blue... :D
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    Looks like it's straight out of car & driver magazine, Jen thumb.gif very nice! The color is great... so many people are attracted to blue... :D

Thanks .. Well.. I'm not sure if I did good or not. I took a picture of a Juke that is in my dealer brochure because it's the Juke of my *dreams* ... Laughing.gif I put my brochure on my desk and took like 50 shots of it trying to see if I could do it or not. Then I edited it for color and other stuff.

Is it OK to take a picture of a picture for the challenges?
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    I like it! The top left corner bothers me a little, it is grainy, could be darkened/sharpened.
    picture of a Juke that is in my dealer brochure
    that would explain the plate and....
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    Technically I would never know that this was a picture of another photographers work. Since you came out and actually said what you did, no this is not okay at all. You are essentially copying someone else's work.
    Go find a Juke on the dealers lot and take a photo of it, then it will be your own work.
  • Options
    VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2011
    sherstone wrote: »
    Technically I would never know that this was a picture of another photographers work. Since you came out and actually said what you did, no this is not okay at all. You are essentially copying someone else's work.
    Go find a Juke on the dealers lot and take a photo of it, then it will be your own work.

Well.. I didn't want to take credit for the original photo, so that's why I asked if taking a photo of a photo was OK. For me, if I even get a decent photo of anything I'm doing good. :) I can't find any blue jukes here in Tulsa. I'd probably buy it if I did find one! Laughing.gif I rarely ever enter the first try of anything I take, anyway. It usually isn't good enough.

Thanks for letting me know. :-)
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
  • Options
    DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Jenn we know you can do better than a picture of a picture. Go to the dealer and take a test drive, park it somewhere pretty and tell them you need some shots so you would be able to make up your mind on buying one.
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/