1DmkIII no longer in my kit list

Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
edited November 20, 2011 in Cameras
I'm pretty sad as today I traded in my favourite camera. I had wanted a 1D camera for a long time so the day I got mine was amazing. However, over the past few years I've not shot much sport so it didn't get any use so I couldn't justify keeping it in my bag. I traded it in for a 2nd 5DmkII as I really needed to have identical cameras to shoot weddings with rather than having a 5DmkII and 5D classic combo. I'm sad but also know that the new 5DmkII will pay for itself so a much better investment..... it just isn't sexy like a 1D frown.gif

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

Comments

• ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    I know what you mean. There's just nothing like a 1D - shutter sound, handling, etc. etc. I'm selling my 1DII to go for a 50D. I think the 50D will be better for what I do.

Of course, you could always buy a $300-$400 1D original, for those times when you just want a 1D :D
  • Brett1000Brett1000 Registered Users Posts: 819 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sad as today I traded in my favourite camera. I had wanted a 1D camera for a long time so the day I got mine was amazing. However, over the past few years I've not shot much sport so it didn't get any use so I couldn't justify keeping it in my bag. I traded it in for a 2nd 5DmkII as I really needed to have identical cameras to shoot weddings with rather than having a 5DmkII and 5D classic combo. I'm sad but also know that the new 5DmkII will pay for itself so a much better investment..... it just isn't sexy like a 1D frown.gif

sounds like a good re-investment
  • Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    I know what you mean. There's just nothing like a 1D - shutter sound, handling, etc. etc. I'm selling my 1DII to go for a 50D. I think the 50D will be better for what I do.

Of course, you could always buy a $300-$400 1D original, for those times when you just want a 1D :D

It's really true about the sound. I was doing a studio shoot a few weeks ago with my 5DmkII and one of the guys there was on a 1D and it is auditory pleasure when fired :)
    Brett1000 wrote: »
    sounds like a good re-investment

It is the sensible choice, I just don't like doing sensible, having 2 cameras the same isn't fun.... it's like owning two station wagons rather that one SW and a sports car Laughing.gif. It will be good for the business though and at the end of the day that is what matters.

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    It's a bit like romance, regrets only last until the next one comes along!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    NeilL wrote: »
    It's a bit like romance, regrets only last until the next one comes along!

Neil

I think a 1DX might solve the problem, would kill a couple years of kit budget though Laughing.gif.

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Mark1616 wrote: »
    I think a 1DX might solve the problem, would kill a couple years of kit budget though Laughing.gif.

:D Yes a 1DX would make me feel better too!! Until I remembered its impact on my bank account! At least romance is free! Sort of!eek7.gif

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix