Options

How I get my models ready

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited November 20, 2011 in People
Here a few shots while I am preparing the models for a glamour shoot. Note that all these models are novices and this was their first attempt. I can assure you that it takes a bit of preparation.
I do this twice a year with about 15 novice models, just to get them exposed to this kind of work.

850585304_ZbSwF-XL.jpg

Make-up artist.

850586663_cYzWT-XL.jpg

Last touches before the shoot.

850586044_WReRt-XL.jpg

Hairdresser.

844796396_Kjc2Y-XL.jpg

Test poses.

850584884_DUvTC-XL.jpg

Visagie

850587317_tuDJY-XL.jpg

Lip correction

844795580_G3JXe-XL.jpg

Waiting for the start of the shoot.
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    Must be nice, I live in a very rural area and the hair dressers are old ladies with the big helmet dryers and the hair is always permanent curls. UGH!
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    Sheesh....

Some of your pre-shoot work looks better than most of my actual shoot work! I'm jealous!

Hack....

Maybe it's time you learn how to do hair and makeup too!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    Nice series.

Charles, surely somebody from Annapolis or Easton can do some less, uh, "traditional" hair and makeup for you!??!?! (Your gals always look great, so I'm guessing youv'e got it covered thumb.gif)
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    Sheesh....

Some of your pre-shoot work looks better than most of my actual shoot work! I'm jealous!

Hack....

Look at my avatar.....me do hair? hahahahahaha

Diva, I've been trying to get some of my older seniors who have gone to a beauty academy to come in and do some crazy things but it just isn't a go in this po dunk little town.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2011
    Hackbone wrote: »
    Must be nice, I live in a very rural area and the hair dressers are old ladies with the big helmet dryers and the hair is always permanent curls. UGH!

That can be nice as well, I live just like you in a small village with 892 habitants, the nearest provincial town is 10Miles away with 20.000 habitants.

I do all my work on the farm (restored), the old barn is the studio. If you visit all the beauty and make-up schools and offer the ladies a free glamour shot , you will get a lot of attendees.

Make-up artists and hairdressers, that is easy to. Just visit those evening classes (schools) and ask them if they want to work with you on a shoot. I always take my large print pictures with me so they can see it. Many are then willing to attend.

It just works, be inventive , talk and ask and you will receive. The first time might be difficult, but after that it comes natural.

What does it cost ? Basically nothing, except your time and a free print of 15 (A-4 seized) pictures for each attendee (model) (15 models* 15 pictures*60cent=135 $).

And guess what ? Many come back afterwards.
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2011
    Sheesh....

Hack....

TXS, although I do not agree with you. For what I have seen so far. Your pictures are great. I guess we all have our own style .