You like them or you don't...

Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
edited November 21, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
...but I'd like to know what you think of this. It was always my intention to make a surreal type HDR. Taken from 3 bracketed images and use Nik HDR FX Pro.

6365299787_cc44275a67_b.jpg
The Gate HDR by http://bendthelight.me.uk, on Flickr

Cheers

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2011
    I like HDR's :D

Interesting subject .. really interesting. Think it turned out good thumb.gif
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    I like HDR's :D

Interesting subject .. really interesting. Think it turned out good thumb.gif

Thank you...first one to think so. :(

But I can keep trying. :)
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited November 20, 2011
    The scene is surreal--a turnstile apparently in the middle of nowhere--but I don't think the processing adds to the image. I don't much care for the vignetting and I don't see that HDR has given you any more dynamic range than you would have had with a single exposure. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you did ask :D. Do keep trying thumb.gif
    edited November 20, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    The scene is surreal--a turnstile apparently in the middle of nowhere--but I don't think the processing adds to the image. I don't much care for the vignetting and I don't see that HDR has given you any more dynamic range than you would have had with a single exposure. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you did ask :D. Do keep trying thumb.gif

I did ask, yes. Thank you for your insight. :)
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    like it [ second one to think so ]

a good HDR image never looks realistic
    edited November 20, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    like it [ second one to think so ]

Thanks...yes, you are the second. :)
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Generally, I don't care for HDR. But, since your objective actually was to make a surreal image, then it came out very well and I like it. Good work. thumb.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited November 20, 2011
    eL eSs Vee wrote: »
    Generally, I don't care for HDR. But, since your objective actually was to make a surreal image, then it came out very well and I like it. Good work. thumb.gif

HDR is not my favourite thing, but I'm a firm believer in trying as many things as I can in case I find my true "style" by accident. :)

Thanks for being Number 3. :)
  • moose135moose135 Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    An overprocessed HDR never looks realistic. I've seen many mildly processed shots that don't look like typical HDRs, yet you know they aren't just normal photos. As always, YMMV on the definition of "good"...

This is an interesting photo - it makes me wonder where that turnstile leads to - but I agree with Richard, I don't see that the HDR treatment does much for it.
    edited November 21, 2011
    moose135 wrote: »
    An overprocessed HDR never looks realistic. I've seen many mildly processed shots that don't look like typical HDRs, yet you know they aren't just normal photos. As always, YMMV on the definition of "good"...

This is an interesting photo - it makes me wonder where that turnstile leads to - but I agree with Richard, I don't see that the HDR treatment does much for it.

Thanks for the input. I may do a straight version...see where that leads us. :)

Cheers