Home-made Chili.

eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
edited November 21, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
A variation on a Roger Mooking chili recipe. Slightly altered and without okra.
Roger-Mooking-Chili-11-19-XL.jpg

And a close-up.
Roger-Mooking-Chili-11-19-XL.jpg

And since it was an ingredient of the chili, I took this small product shot, too.
McCormick-11-19-2011071-XL.jpg

C&C welcome, of course.
Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
"Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    More good work, Lee.

I've found that two major foods can vary in make-up and preparation, depending on the regional local, more than any others: chili and Bar-B-Q. I think I make a mean pot of chili myself, so I was looking real close at your pictures....trying to determine the major ingredients. Your remark about there being no okra in this preparation is interesting....you NEVER see okra in chili around here.

Be well,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Makes me hungry! I like the fact that it's a bit sloppy instead of pristine like some magazine layout.

I grew up with Texas chili...no beans, no onions, no tomatoes. Still make it that way. But I enjoy all the other variations as well.
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Don't forget spaghetti sauce, Tom. My spaghetti sauce always gets compliments, because I make it with tons of meat and bushels of vegetables, purchased that morning. I'll be making some after Thanksgiving and will, of course, photograph it and post the photos here. If you want this chili recipe, Tom, look here.

Thank you, Cornflake. Pristine food photos certainly have their place: If it's food that looks like it's on the menu of a five-star restaurant, for instance. To me, any food ladled at the counter of a roadside diner or made in the comfort of a warm home, often ends up dripping over the edge in my photos. Not always, but usually.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Howdy Lee,

We really like watching Roger Mooking, he's got a lot of wonderful hints and approaches
    to cooking.

I'm like you, I don't think the Okra would of been in ours either, but then again,
    it might have made a great Gumbo Chili!!!

That sure would have gone wonderful with the Tamales we had tonight!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    Looks good .. Agree with you .. no Okra needed on our end either.

Can't wait to see your after Thanksgiving cooking thumb.gif