making dad dizzy

madmoosemadmoose Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited November 21, 2011 in People
My oldest on the merry-go-round. C & C always.

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 20, 2011
    For the most part, it's a good shot. It could have been a tad better if his eyes were tack sharp and not so much of a shadow on his face.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Nice job with the motion blur (did you add any in post, or is it all the real thing?)

If possible, it might be nice to sharpen up his little face a tad and possibly boost the saturation slightly - seems like maybe it's an older paint job on the equipment, so they look a little faded.

Great catch!
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    madmoose wrote: »
    My oldest on the merry-go-round. C & C always.

I like it very much just as it is - I'm a fan of undersaturated colors - in fact, the only thing that would improve it is no color: a BW with plenty of contrast. The less-than-sharp face doesn't bother me at all.

A delightful photograph.
  • madmoosemadmoose Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    i felt fortunate to get this shot. he was being about a good of a sport as i could ask. i, myself, laying down bracing myself to the ride and bracing the camera on the the uprights as the wife spun us. no post process blur. yep.. old playground Divamum.
  • clickin girlclickin girl Registered Users Posts: 278 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2011
    Very cute shot. Like the motion blur!!
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    Different, at a fist glance I d'say its a PS motion blur. Having a closure look, it am sure that it is an after effect. Normally object (highlights) stretch into one direction . Here I see it in two . The curving of the motion is also strange.
    But I could be 100% wrong....
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • madmoosemadmoose Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    guarantee its not photoshop, or post process blur adding. its me on the merry-go-round and the wife pushing me. long exposure and thats it.