Ch. 50 - Natural Colors

chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
edited October 25, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I Traveled to Traverse City to find some beautiful natural colors for this contest. I really hope i can win. I need a new lens really badly. The one i have now has spots on it I don't know how to get rid of them.:cry.

You'll notice the spots in the bottom picture. It only appears when i use 28mm.

Thanks for your time Dgrin'ers.

55513206_b9dac27ab4.jpg?v=0

55513219_0c66d30689.jpg?v=0

55513294_89d9b60546.jpg?v=0
---
Chris
Detroit Wedding Photography Blog
Canon 10D | 20D | 5D

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    I like the first one but would like to see those distant trees a bit closer. Do you have any others like that?

As for the spots. Generaly those are from dust on the camera sensor and you only really notice them at smaller Apertures. I would check that before ditching the lens.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • chrisjleechrisjlee Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    gluwater wrote:
    I like the first one but would like to see those distant trees a bit closer. Do you have any others like that?

As for the spots. Generaly those are from dust on the camera sensor and you only really notice them at smaller Apertures. I would check that before ditching the lens.
    Good Point. I should probably clean the sensor.
    ---
    Chris
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    They are definitely dust spots. One thing I can tell it is dust spots. I have enough on my sensor.

I like your top photo!

Best, I mean, and I really do like it. Can you do it bigger?

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited October 24, 2005
    Larger?
    ginger_55 wrote:
    They are definitely dust spots. One thing I can tell it is dust spots. I have enough on my sensor.

I like your top photo!

Best, I mean, and I really do like it. Can you do it bigger?

ginger
    Ginger,

Yup it's on my flickr account.

I guess i think i'll keep shooting fall shots and find the perfect one for the contest. I've seen some good ones today; they're a lot better than mine.

Oh and also, how do you usually clean your lens ?
    ---
    Chris
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    I like the top one. Great light - nice warm colors. To bad the sky wasn't a deeper blue - that'd really set off your colors but sometimes you have to work with what you have.
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    I think the first one has a lot of color, but it has too much empty sky and all of that sky is dominating the picture.

Number 2 also has a lot of sky, and is not saying "nature" to me.

Number 3 is the best contender of the three, but I think I would keep working on finding something stronger.

These are of course just my opinions being given in the hope of being helpful.
    edited October 24, 2005
    Phil U. wrote:
    I like the top one. Great light - nice warm colors. To bad the sky wasn't a deeper blue - that'd really set off your colors but sometimes you have to work with what you have.
    Yeah i offset the LAB colors by as much as i could, any more the noise will show up more and the colors wouldn't be believeable.
    ---
    Chris
    Canon 10D | 20D | 5D
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    I agree with general opinion on liking the first on the best. I think you might have too much sky there though, but aside from that it's very nice and rich in color.
  • muddykneesmuddyknees Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2005
    I really like your first shot. I like all that faded sky contrasted with all those compressed layers of earthy colors.

chrisjlee wrote:
    I Traveled to Traverse City to find some beautiful natural colors for this contest. I really hope i can win. I need a new lens really badly. The one i have now has spots on it I don't know how to get rid of them.:cry.

You'll notice the spots in the bottom picture. It only appears when i use 28mm.

Thanks for your time Dgrin'ers.

55513206_b9dac27ab4.jpg?v=0

55513219_0c66d30689.jpg?v=0

55513294_89d9b60546.jpg?v=0