Options

Maternity, please C & C

lzfotolzfoto Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
edited November 21, 2011 in People
Hi everyone! Please critique and comment on these few pictures. Hope I did a good job, but I want to learn so please let me know what I could have done to make it better.

SGDStoryboard1-1-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    Nice pictures, the background is not really my thing. But that is a matter of personal taste.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    Hard to comment on the shots in the context of the collage, as they're pretty small. Any chance of posting the ones you want comment on as individual shots? thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2011
    Okay here they are:

DSC7441-Edit-L.jpg

DSC7451-Edit-1-L.jpg

DSC7461-Edit-1-L.jpg

DSC7465-Edit-1-L.jpg

DSC7294-Edit-L.jpg

DSC7304-Edit-1-L.jpg
  • Options
    scotthofferphotographyscotthofferphotography Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    I like 2 and 5 best.
    check out some of my pics on my smug mug site.
    http://www.scotthofferphotography.com
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    I think they came out nice. Most of the them (but 1, 5 & 6 in particular) have too much scenery in them for my taste -- I'd close in on my subjects since the park really has nothing to do with the photo except to provide some color behind them. Also be careful with the lying down shots. In 4, mom's head looks awkward and the angle isn't very flattering to her chin. In 6 the hair is mess.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2011
    Thanks Brett....funny you should say something about the too much seniary...The lady's sister said that their is not enough seniary and I shouldn't have blurred the background too much because you can't tell where these pictures were taken. I guess to each its own... Do you think cropping some of the background would be better. I did make a note of the chin and also f the messy hair after I processed them...I guess I have to pay more attention that stuff also...I have a tendency to realize that after the shoot. This was my first maternity photoshoot....