michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited November 23, 2011 in Street and Documentary
DS21873-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    It works for me not much more to say.

Every time I view a whole bunch of captions/phrases roll around my brain, excellent.

I guess that was a little more.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    I'm struggling with this one, Jennifer, but, yes, as far as I'm concerned it's street. The tight cropping makes it surrealistic. My problem is that I don't much like the graphics. If the car and the guy in the upper right corner were gone it'd be better graphically.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    The title was tongue-in-cheek, but that joke's probably run it's course. As to the shot, no cropping, simply the way it was framed. I know it's marginal, not technically that strong nor to a lot of people's taste, but I sometimes like bizarre shots with partial bodies and/or forced perspectives.
  • Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    michswiss wrote: »
    I sometimes like bizarre shots with partial bodies and/or forced perspectives.

I like that part too.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    It is a great shot.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,927 moderator
    edited November 22, 2011
    I like the way the lines on the pavement interact with the figures. Neat. thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2011
    The word/impression that comes to mind is "dynamic!". There is an intensity and urgency to the pointing and looking, probably enhanced by the slight blur. The half body and partial kiosk add to the shot.

Kind of an "edgy" shot which demonstrates the impact of strong gestures and blur really enhancing the viewing reaction.