products please. I.e. shrink wrap and
foam board , matt board etc.

Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2011
    You want cheap? I got this covered.

On trash day go up and down the street and pick up the cardboard and plastic bags. Cut the cardboard to size and put in used grocery bags for protection. :D Sorry I am tired of people who want cheap.

Now if you want good go to Frame destination.

Sam
  • Options
    deb22deb22 Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2011
    pillman wrote: »
    Need to protect prints while being viewed
    and purchased. Best online site for
    products please. I.e. shrink wrap and
    foam board , matt board etc.

Suggestions appreciated.
    Cheap is a bad word, I went to your site and took a look at your work and you have some REALLY nice stuff their, so don't go cheap go cost effective or put some pride in the full product. people who have not done many shows think they need to go cheap to sell, this is a big myth. people will always pay for a quality product and believe me they know when you use crap so don't use it even if others are charging nothing for their prints. Crystal clear bags offers just that, clear bags to showcase your prints. They are very "cheap" but a great product. If you want to gain a reputation for a quality product start now. I sell cards for those that can't afford a large piece but even the cards are done on high grade stock and the most expensive paper, I now have collectors that follow and collect all my birds. The large expensive prints are framed in $500.00 frames and box matted and still people will buy even if I am next to someone selling poster size prints for 25 bucks [yes they do]. If you can, matt and" clear bag.com" your prints but please try and put out a quality product for your customers they will be the ones to come back if you do. Good luck.
    COUNTRY ROADS ARE NATURES HIGHWAY. http://dafontainewildlife.com
  • Options
    pillmanpillman Registered Users Posts: 821 Major grins
    edited November 22, 2011
    Thanks so much for your time to respond. Obviously I should not have used the word CHEAP.
    Local Art/Cafe takes prints on consignment from "many" local photographers. Just want to
    save production cost to increase profit.. Thanks for links to clear bags etc..
    Your pics are gorgeous.. Allen would be impressed..
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2011
    I second Frame Destination. I sell my images without frame or mat. I use Papermat Backing Board 1/16 Inch and Protective Crystal Clear Bags purchased from Frame Destination to protect the image until the customer frames it. Very professional looking and not too expensive.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug