#50, variation on a theme, ginger (long)

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 24, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
What else? Flowers? Impressionism seemed to rule these flowers. Did I spend time on this? Yes, I did, and I don't want anyone thinking differently.

Comments are welcome.............this is before the challenge......

41305899-L.jpg

41305952-L.jpg

41310254-L.jpg

41310286-L.jpg

F16, for the most part, ISO 400 (why? I was shooting birds, too: multi tasking, changing lenses, it was getting later), I have two readings here on the shutter speed: the last one was 1/60 with my wide angle: 17-40, and this one at 39 mm. I checked out one taken with my 400 mm, the first ones I took. Same ISO: 400, EV 0 on all, shutter speed on the other one was 1/250, so they were all around that, with one lens or another.)

Despite how it looks I worked hard on them. I love the impressionistic effect and played to it in PS where I also seem to have been in a "dark" mood last night. They could all go lighter just fine, but, this is what I have now.

Creative? Just my interpretation of flowers........... Imaginative? Well, the flowers were there.............

ginger (I just took some out to cut the eye strain a bit, could put them back in in a heartbeat):D

10/23/2005
photography by ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    This is lighter, not sure I like it as well as the darker one
    41359750-L.jpg
    edited October 24, 2005
    Then again, there is Mother Nature working to save her children
    Hidden from predators: Protective Coloration

41302610-L.jpg

ginger 10/23/2005

(I still like this idea............OK, it wasn't a lot of work, I didn't create it, I just like it. I have to really work to see these birds. The colors, purely natural, work very well to hide the bird from predators. I have seen this in so many species. The "lowly" lizard, he changes colors.......... This bird blends into the fall marsh grass perfectly.)
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    Good morning Ginger... Or at least it is morning here. Anyhow, I wanted to put in my two cents on your set above.

I really like #1... The photos that move closer to the "subject" confuse my eye. I see the colors, but instead of the nice blend of colors, I feel like I am looking to focus on one thing, and I can't find the one thing.

Anyway, the first one is simple to me and I like simple. It's clean and different... I would have it on my wall.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
    edited October 24, 2005
    Thanks, Johno, it is pretty isn't it. I like the magenta flowers in it, how they are arranged.

Actually, in the flower photos, maybe one flower in a photo is in focus. I like the effect, but I am not sure that everyone would, kind of like blur, that seems to be a "personal" thing.

In the first one, I am not sure anything is in focus, I did so many last night, but the colors are nicely arranged.

Except for one more flower shot that I like, I agree with you on the far and near factor.

ginger
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2005
    Nice stuff Ginger, I like them very much and they are a different take on the challenge theme, but a fitting one.

I like 1, 2, and 4. Which one of those three is best is a bit of a toss up to me. I like them all.

I think the OOF flower in the foreground on 4 is a tiny bit distracting, so I guess for me that would narrow it to 1 or 2