Options

Budgeting advice

DavidoffDavidoff Registered Users Posts: 409 Major grins
edited November 21, 2011 in Mind Your Own Business
I don't have a studio space/gear but usually the people I'm shooting know this and we work around it. However I was just contacted by someone requesting some photos. I need to know if she just wants location shooting or studio shots ( both probably ) and if she wants studio shots, if she needs full lenght. This is important because if she just needs headshots, any white wall will do but I can't do full lenght without a proper studio, and I would have to work that into the price I'm giving.

Now my question: this sounds like some really idiotic things to be asking a potential customer... " Do you want full lenght shots ? Because that's going to be more expensive " . I don't think this would look good or professional. What do you usually do in such a situation ? Just give a price with the studio included ? What if she doesn't want full lenght shots in the studio and I'm just losing money/giving her a higher price than she's willing to pay and scaring her off ?

Also, how are you princing "final shots" ? Retouching 5 photos takes seriously more time than 3, for example.