DSS #90 (J) - 2nd try

2»

Comments

• divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    It will indeed take up more memory but it's easy enough to wipe the card (or get a bigger card) - memory is pretty cheap thumb.gif

It bumps up the megabytes because there's more digital information in the larger-resolution image. This means when you start manipulating it in post-processing, the image won't degrade as much or as quickly. DEFINITELY use maximum resolution when you can. While megapixels certainly aren't the most important feature of any camera these days, when you reckon that a lot of dSLR images are from 12-20mp cameras, you can see that using only 1m is going to be a huge reduction in clarity/quality in comparison!
  • JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    divamum wrote: »
    It will indeed take up more memory but it's easy enough to wipe the card (or get a bigger card) - memory is pretty cheap thumb.gif

It bumps up the megabytes because there's more digital information in the larger-resolution image. This means when you start manipulating it in post-processing, the image won't degrade as much or as quickly. DEFINITELY use maximum resolution when you can. While megapixels certainly aren't the most important feature of any camera these days, when you reckon that a lot of dSLR images are from 12-20mp cameras, you can see that using only 1m is going to be a huge reduction in clarity/quality in comparison!

Well.. I took the plunge and took my "Ice" photos at max resolution. You'll have to tell me what you think. :D
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Much better at full resolution! Never sacrifice image quality for saving space on a memory card. :)
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com