Options

Ybor City

RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
edited November 25, 2011 in Street and Documentary
Yesterday I was able to spend a couple hours wandering around Ybor City in Tampa. I shot the equivalent of about two rolls of film and culled most of the result. Here are four that survived. I'm not going to get into a discussion about whether or not these are street pics. I think they're reasonably good, but perhaps not shots upon which I'd want to hang my postmortem reputation.

A%20Gleam%20in%20His%20Eye.jpg
A Gleam in His Eye

Lunch%20Break.jpg
Lunch Break

Serious%20Discussion.jpg
Serious Discussion

Bong%20Shop.jpg
Bong Shop

Comments

• Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2011
    I like them. I would of course change the captions. ( I would not recommend you do so) :D

#1 You ain't getting in without ID.

#2. So.hows that hope and change working for ya?

#3 But you said you loved me.

#4 Hitting the bong is an economic step. He can read the same beginning pages over and over and never has to buy a new book.

Yes I know the flames will be a coming. :D

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2011
    I'm not getting into that one, Sam. Best put on your asbestos suit.
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2011
    I think you missed a good opportunity for an "Outside In" image in #2.
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Horrible truth about me: I live in Tampa and have never shot street in Ybor. Granted, I'm in Tampa less than I'm in 21 other countries throughout the year, but still...it's a sad truth.
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2011
    You're really missing something. As far as I'm concerned Ybor is close behind St. Augustine for great street. People in both places are easy-going. Someday I've got to get down to Tampa overnight so I can spend an evening on the street in Ybor. I did that a couple years ago but a friend had me booked at the VOQ at MacDill, so I ended up on the base all evening.