Zion NP

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited November 24, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Zion NP, what an amazing place!

A fella described it to me as a miniture, sandstone Yosemite. I think that's a pretty good description.

I've got a lot of shots, and I'll probably post-up several, so lets start with this one.
Randy

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2011
    I've seen several postings from folks who marveled at the beauty of Zion but commented that they had difficulty getting shots that they were really happy with....implying that, for some reason, it's not the easiest place to shoot.

Your shot here would satisfy any shooter, I believe. The overall terrain and the low clouds/mountain mist really come across beautifully. Your PP work also fits the scene. Well done.thumb.gif

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2011
    I've seen several postings from folks who marveled at the beauty of Zion but commented that they had difficulty getting shots that they were really happy with....implying that, for some reason, it's not the easiest place to shoot.

Your shot here would satisfy any shooter, I believe. The overall terrain and the low clouds/mountain mist really come across beautifully. Your PP work also fits the scene. Well done.thumb.gif

Tom

Happy Thanksgiving Tom, and all dgrinners!

This particular shot is "upside down" in reality. I shot it with my new camera hanging upside down (from my R-strap) about 2" from the river, cause the old man can't get down that low any more rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for the kind words. One could spend a LOT of time shooting in Zion. We were very impressed with the park. Unfortunately, I found one thing out about that fantastic Nikon 14-24 lens that I'm not to impressed about. If there is any, and I do mean any, drops of moisture falling anywhere in the vicinity of that huge bulbous lens, its going to get water drops on it. Several very nice captures were ruined due to water spots on the lens. I know, I know... an umbrella works wonders, but someone didn't have one of those inventions with him ne_nau.gif
    Randy
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2011
    Howdy You Rascal II,

I almost snorted my Coffee out on my Screen and Keyboard
    at your Shooting Technique.

Please Promise me you'll warn me first when we're out shooting
    if your getting ready to use that "Style" rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Wonderful scene and feel to it, really had to have been a
    Special Moment to see it.

Hope You and Yours have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2011
    Panther wrote: »
    Howdy You Rascal II,

I almost snorted my Coffee out on my Screen and Keyboard
    at your Shooting Technique.

Please Promise me you'll warn me first when we're out shooting
    if your getting ready to use that "Style" rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Wonderful scene and feel to it, really had to have been a
    Special Moment to see it.

Hope You and Yours have a Wonderful Thanksgiving.

Howdy Craig,

Well, I gave some thought about standing on my head to take this shot, but felt that having the camera upside-down was a much better method :D

Oh, and by-the-way...
    On our next shoot together, I can demonstrate the technique using your camera thumb.gif, really, no problem rolleyes1.gif, I don't mind...
    Randy