Options

Capture time shift in LR3?

Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
edited November 26, 2011 in Finishing School
If you dont sync times with another shooter and put all images into one LR3 gallery, is there a way to shift the capture time so they would shuffle in proper order?

Or is there an easier way? Im sure Adobe LR users have ran into this many times, I have personally over a dozen but cant seem to figure out how to fix it.

From now on, I know Ill sync body times.

Comments

• Options
    jjbongjjbong Registered Users Posts: 244 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    If you dont sync times with another shooter and put all images into one LR3 gallery, is there a way to shift the capture time so they would shuffle in proper order?

I'm not a LR user, so I can't say whether it's possible to do in LR (my guess is not).

I've had a similar problem after forgetting to shift time zones while traveling. I looked around for a free program to change the capture time in the EXIF, but I couldn't find one that was relatively easy to use. I ended up buying this:

http://www.picmeta.com/products/picture-information-extractor.htm

It isn't cheap at $39, but it does the job.
    John Bongiovanni
  • Options
    Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Figured it out today!

While in the library module, select the photos you need to shift, open the right metadata panel and to the right of the capture time is an edit option with lots of options. :D
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2011
    what you want is this

switch to thumbnail view
    in right bottom next to thumbnail slider , click the arrow , select sorting
    now , a bit more to the left , a new option appears , with 2 arrows
    there you can choose what you want

also ;
    each thumbnail has a small bar above the actual thumbnail , right-click it for more options .....