Ironman Arizona - #70

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited November 25, 2011 in Sports
I haven't shot a lot of sports, so your thoughts on this one are much appreciated.

Pro-triathlete Linsey Corbin
i-Z9QX7MZ-XL.jpg

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Nice shot

The only problem I see it that you cropped off part of the wheels.

Take Care,
    Chuck Cassidy,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    M38A1 wrote: »
    I haven't shot a lot of sports, so your thoughts on this one are much appreciated.

Pro-triathlete Linsey Corbin
    i-Z9QX7MZ-XL.jpg

Hi Scott,
    I agree with Chuck about the wheels, however, if the crop was in the frame, not much you can do about it.:D

A couple of composition suggestions:
    1. If possible, I would crop just behind the rear wheels and leave more open frame camera right so the rider appears to be entering the frame and not leaving it.
    2. I would try to shoot at a lower angle.
    3. Be aware of your backgrounds and straighten your horizons. I have been caught on this too often in the past and am getting better as time goes by.:D

John
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2011
    Thanks for the tips and comments thus far....

I most certainly didn't crop out the bottom of the wheels. Just missed the framing. Doh!

I also see the background is a bit tilted so that's something I can work on in both shooting and post. As for the room to the right I'd tend to agree, yet I thought (maybe incorrectly) the story was with the motorcycle pilot, cameraman, guy clapping and then the rider. I've got some others with quite a bit of space in front of them I may try to get posted as well.

Thanks.... and keep 'em coming! It's the only way I can learn.