Options

Blocked IP

nii djannii djan Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited December 6, 2011 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi

I'm in Bangladesh now and my IP was blocked. I am able to access the site through my US school vpn but would like to access without it. To whom should I direct a request for help?

thanks

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,908 moderator
    edited November 26, 2011
    The IP address you registered from is not banned. Was there a different IP address you're trying to log in from?
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2011
    it may change since I'm on a service with dynamic ip assignment but still in bangladesh. I'm able to log in now without the use of my vpn.
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2011
    IP keeps being blocked
    This happens throughout the day. I would be on the site for sometime and then all of a sudden, it tells me my IP is blocked. Can't login either. Screenshot of the error page is attached. When I'm using my US-based vpn, I don't get this error.

Thanks
    Jon
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2011
    It would be helpful if you could include your IP address.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    It would be helpful if you could include your IP address.

My IP is: 172.17.224.4. This is the non-vpn ip and the one that gets blocked.

thanks
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited December 6, 2011
    172.17.224.4 is not blocked by DGrin. Nor is 172.(anything) filtered or blocked. Your other IP number that you've used (58.97.*.*) is also not filtered. That entire range is open, in fact. There are many IP#'s we do actively block due to continuous spamming problems, but those you've used are not among them.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2011
    nii djan wrote: »
    My IP is: 172.17.224.4. This is the non-vpn ip and the one that gets blocked.

thanks

If that's the IP address you're giving to dgrin, then that's the problem. The range of addresses from 172.16.0.0 through 172.31.255.255 is considered private address space. Likely, that's not the address you're presenting to dgrin.

Try connecting to whatismyipaddress.com and post the result here.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2011
    ian408 wrote: »
    If that's the IP address you're giving to dgrin, then that's the problem. The range of addresses from 172.16.0.0 through 172.31.255.255 is considered private address space. Likely, that's not the address you're presenting to dgrin.

Try connecting to whatismyipaddress.com and post the result here.

My public ip is: 180.14<label id="206">9</label><label class="9">.</label>7.1<label class="242">1</label>. Still getting blocked without vpn.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,919 moderator
    edited December 6, 2011
    nii djan wrote: »
    My public ip is: 180.14<label id="206">9</label><label class="9">.</label>7.1<label class="242">1</label>. Still getting blocked without vpn.
    Yep. That's within a range that we have been blocking because of spammers. I'll lift the ban for now, but if we see a new influx of spammers, we'll have to reimpose the ban. It's good that you have a VPN alternative.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Yep. That's within a range that we have been blocking because of spammers. I'll lift the ban for now, but if we see a new influx of spammers, we'll have to reimpose the ban. It's good that you have a VPN alternative.

Thanks! I may be on this ip for just another week as I'll be getting back to the states.