Options

Sizing photos for clients

TyroneTyrone Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited November 26, 2011 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I would like to have clients purchase their own photo prints off the Smugmug website. The problem is that I upload each photo one size and this does not fit all sizes available on the Smugmug website. They often order a size for which the photo is not sized and many sizes are dimmed out, or they are not happy with the cropping available. What do other professionals do to make this work? :D

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2011
    I decide how I want the photo cropped...what aspect ratio...native 3:2 Wallet, 4x6, 8x 12 and so on) or 5:4 (4x5, 8x10, 16x20 and so on) ...then I only offer prints in that ratio and I tell them that these are the optimum sizes for the image.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2011
    HI Tyrone, I'm your House Professional. Welcome!

Upload your full-size JPGs. Set your galleries to Proof Delay, and if a client crops incorrectly, you can re-crop before the order is sent to us. You can also eliminate sizes you don't want to sell in your pricing tool. Help with any of this? Just an email away, our Heroes are standing by 365 days a year http://help.smugmug.com thanks!