Options

Adorable Newphew

Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
edited November 28, 2011 in People
We were able to escape the waterlogged NW for the sunshine of Arizona to spend a delightful Thanksgiving with family. I hope everyone had a a nice and relaxing day. Here are a couple of shots of one of my nephews...

i-k2Q8L6x-XL.jpg

i-QZ4tMsm-XL.jpg

i-Jm3xf8M-XL.jpg

i-cN72DTR-XL.jpg
Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
www.mikejulianaphotography.com
Facebook

Comments

• Options
    D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2011
    Technically OK, but the compositions can not catch my eyes or draw the attention. However that is my personal view on this.
    #1, is the econd best out of the series. If I had to make a choice the it would be this one. I think that the partial arms and the metal bar on the top bring no added value. Except color.
    # 2,3 is not it. What does it tell the viewer ? Not much.... The eyes are the mirror of the sole. Can you tell us what is behind these compo's , what were you trying to do ?
    # 4 the best in this series, good DOF, nice expression and the child becomes lose from the background.
    A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer
  • Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2011
    I have to disagree with D3S: you can have a SOULful picture without eyes in it. I think 2 and 3 are nice shots showing a child's curiosity (though in #2, the green blur behind him is distracting to me -- a tighter crop would work better like it does in #3, I think)
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2011
    I like the group overall. #2 is the weakest of them (Brett's point plus not enough of the tube to get the context).
    My favorite is the first; the expression is just perfect.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    Mike JMike J Registered Users Posts: 1,029 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2011
    D3Sshooter wrote: »
    Technically OK, but the compositions can not catch my eyes or draw the attention. However that is my personal view on this.
    #1, is the econd best out of the series. If I had to make a choice the it would be this one. I think that the partial arms and the metal bar on the top bring no added value. Except color.
    # 2,3 is not it. What does it tell the viewer ? Not much.... The eyes are the mirror of the sole. Can you tell us what is behind these compo's , what were you trying to do ?
    # 4 the best in this series, good DOF, nice expression and the child becomes lose from the background.
    I do have to admit that I have more of an emotional attachment to these images but #2 and #3, for me, capture the curiosity of a child and his engagement with things around him. Kids can turn simple things (a drain pipe) into playthings. I do agree with you that eyes capture the soul but there are plenty of images that convey a feeling without them. (IMO)
    I have to disagree with D3S: you can have a SOULful picture without eyes in it. I think 2 and 3 are nice shots showing a child's curiosity (though in #2, the green blur behind him is distracting to me -- a tighter crop would work better like it does in #3, I think)
    Thanks for the comments. I see what you mean about the green blob.

adbsgicom wrote: »
    I like the group overall. #2 is the weakest of them (Brett's point plus not enough of the tube to get the context).
    My favorite is the first; the expression is just perfect.
    Thanks Andrew. I do agree with you about #2.
    Mike J

Comments and constructive criticism always welcome.
    www.mikejulianaphotography.com
    Facebook