Options

Watermark Help?

AnthonymrbAnthonymrb Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited December 2, 2011 in Finishing School
I have tried and failed at making a watermark. If anyone could maybe help, I am looking for something to say:

© AnthonyBlairProductions.com

Comments

• Options
    Merlin_AZMerlin_AZ Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    It depends on the look you want.
    Thick font with decreased fill to make it transparent?
    Font style
    Color
    There are a lot of possibilities. Too many choices, really. It depends on what type of look you want.
  • Options
    PeanoPeano Registered Users Posts: 268 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    This thread might be helpful. (You can use ordinary fonts instead of a pen and tablet.)
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Here is a Photoshop brush preset.

Does this help?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25114862/AnthonyBlair.abr

It looks like this (the brush does not have the white background, obviously).

abp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    Here's an illustration of what you could do using layer styles (described in the other thread I linked to above). This of course could be resized when you applied it to an image.

blairdp.jpg

That one uses a drop shadow. This one, below, uses bevel and emboss ...

blair2v.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    Peano wrote: »
    Here's an illustration of what you could do using layer styles (described in the other thread I linked to above). This of course could be resized when you applied it to an image.

blairdp.jpg

I LOVE the top white one. How would I go about getting that with a transparent background?
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    Do you use Photoshop?
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    RogersDA wrote: »
    Do you use Photoshop?

I did, but my old laptop crashed, and I am having trouble with getting it onto my new laptop (got it 2 days ago). It's hard to try and get it on my new computer because I work all day, and when I am not at work, I am usually still busy :cry
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    Anthonymrb wrote: »
    I did, but my old laptop crashed, and I am having trouble with getting it onto my new laptop (got it 2 days ago). It's hard to try and get it on my new computer because I work all day, and when I am not at work, I am usually still busy :cry
    The reason I asked is that you would be better off using a brush preset which you would then "paint" your watermark on a separate layer. You could then add the beveling, shadows, color overlays, etc. in order for you to adapt the watermark for each image.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    Do you use Photoshop?
    The reason I asked is that you would be better off using a brush preset which you would then "paint" your watermark on a separate layer. You could then add the beveling, shadows, color overlays, etc. in order for you to adapt the watermark for each image.

Yeah I get that. I was never amazing at Photoshop, but I got it for free and was able to edit a lot of the things I get at work with it.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    I LOVE the top white one. How would I go about getting that with a transparent background?

As noted in the post I linked to earlier, save it (the Photoshop file) as a PNG file. That will preserve background transparency.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    As noted in the post I linked to earlier, save it (the Photoshop file) as a PNG file. That will preserve background transparency.

I saved it as a PNG file and it never worked...Hmm. Never had that happen before? Also, those 2 images are together. They grey and white one.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    I saved it as a PNG file and it never worked...Hmm. Never had that happen before? Also, those 2 images are together. They grey and white one.

You have to build your own file in Photoshop. Put in the text, apply the layer style you want, then save that as a PNG file. I added the white and gray backgrounds to show how it would look applied to an image.

Your Photoshop file will look like this before you save it:

blair2.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    You have to build your own file in Photoshop. Put in the text, apply the layer style you want, then save that as a PNG file. I added the white and gray backgrounds to show how it would look applied to an image.

Your Photoshop file will look like this before you save it:

blair2.jpg

What text is that? And how did you make it thicker etc..?
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2011
    It appears to be Tekton Pro typeface.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2011

It's Tekton Pro bold condensed. Here's a link to download the PSD file so you can see exactly which layer styles I used and how I adjusted them. You can tweak those to get whatever effect you want, and also experiment with different fonts.

https://www.yousendit.com/folders?addFolderStatus=success&fId=6025403