#1 The gorge at sunset from Wiseman's View:

IMG3491-Edit-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

#2 The Linville Falls:

IMG3304-Edit-Edit-Edit-XL.jpg

C&C Appreciated :D

Comments

• Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    Karl, Nice work. I really like #2--the lighting is gorgeous! I don't know what is to the left of the foreground boulders, but if there's water there that would run to the lower left corner of the frame (using a larger crop if available), that's what I'd prefer to see. I think it would lead the eye into the image better.
  • jheftijhefti Registered Users Posts: 734 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    In my youth I used to kayak that gorge--one of the more beautiful places I've been to.

I like the second shot as well. On the first, I might suggest pulling down the saturated blue casts in the gorge. It doesn't look natural, and to my eye detracts from the richer colors of the sky. Just a thought...
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    Art Morgan wrote: »
    Karl, Nice work. I really like #2--the lighting is gorgeous! I don't know what is to the left of the foreground boulders, but if there's water there that would run to the lower left corner of the frame (using a larger crop if available), that's what I'd prefer to see. I think it would lead the eye into the image better.

Thanks for your comments :D -- I don't know if I have a crop that goes much wider on that side, but I'll take a look through the others.
    jhefti wrote: »
    In my youth I used to kayak that gorge--one of the more beautiful places I've been to.

I like the second shot as well. On the first, I might suggest pulling down the saturated blue casts in the gorge. It doesn't look natural, and to my eye detracts from the richer colors of the sky. Just a thought...

Thanks for the feedback! An interesting observation as you do tend to get that blue cast at that very late time of the day. I'll play around with the coloring and see if I can get something more pleasing.

Karl
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited November 30, 2011
    Very nice shots, Karl. The waterfall shot is beautiful and well exposed. You have some beautiful country out there.
  • karlabbottkarlabbott Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Very nice shots, Karl. The waterfall shot is beautiful and well exposed. You have some beautiful country out there.

Thanks, kdog! It definitely is nice out here :D