Options

From the world of skateboard photography...

bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
edited November 30, 2011 in Street and Documentary
...a new photo zine from the director of photography for Girl Skateboard, and long-time former Senior Staff Photographer for Skateboarder Magazine...:clap:clap

This is not to be missed - and is only $5 so how can you pass it up?

bco2.jpg
bd@bdcolenphoto.com
"He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed

Comments

• Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    A little background on the site please......

Is that a photo site or a repository for old images or both? I had a hard time following through it. I did however see what I believe to be your -zine.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    Actually aside from the commercial, I like the photo.. B&W on weathered ply...
    Rags
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2011
    M38A1 wrote: »
    A little background on the site please......

Is that a photo site or a repository for old images or both? I had a hard time following through it. I did however see what I believe to be your -zine.

Not really sure. All I know is that the 30 page 'zine' of skateboard photos by my son, Ben Colen, is available for the enormous sum of $5. Ben has been shooting skateboarding since high school, and has worked as a full-time, professional skateboard photographer since graduating from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts here about 14-15 years ago. He has been the Sr. Staff Photographer for Skateboarder Magazine, and now is the director of photography for Girl Skateboard, a company that makes skateboards, skate clothing, and sponsors a team. He travels the world shooting street skating, and just returned from two-plus weeks in China, his second photo trip there. Who knew one could be such a thing, and make a living - with benefits - doing it.
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com

• Options
    edited November 30, 2011
    torags wrote: »
    Actually aside from the commercial, I like the photo.. B&W on weathered ply...

Not a photo of a photo on plywood - that's just how they display the 'zines.'
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com