Options

Why does a chicken cross the road?

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited November 29, 2011 in Street and Documentary
264042992_wGCDY-XL-2.jpg

Every year in Daytona Beach Florida there is a gathering called bikeweek. It draws between 5,000 to 7,000 bikers. It is a raucous affair. Interesting street stuff

Behind this bar are thousands of people watching the woman's cole slaw wrestling contest. I won't bore you with the pix
264031186_ouAGd-XL-1.jpg

264021824_iiMWy-XL-5.jpg
Rags

Comments

• Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    Ah..... Bike Week. Rode over there one year just to see what all the hoopla was about. Haven't been back. And isn't attendance in the 500,000 range with Sturgis running in the 350,000 range?
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    Scott is right....if the weather's good, Bike Week in Daytona will attract around 500,000 bikers over the course of the week. I haven't missed a Bike Week ( nor its junior version in the Fall....Biketoberfest ) in many a year. It's a spectacle that everyone ought to experience at least once in their life.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2011
    Scott is right....if the weather's good, Bike Week in Daytona will attract around 500,000 bikers over the course of the week. I haven't missed a Bike Week ( nor its junior version in the Fall....Biketoberfest ) in many a year. It's a spectacle that everyone ought to experience at least once in their life.

Tom

Yup. They claim 500K (I'm just conservative)

People should experience it, Bikers (I was/am) get a bad rap.

Nowhere on the planet was it possible to shoot supercross, flat track and superbikes in the same week and as a bonus - dog racing. Jeeze I loved it.
    Rags