Ok what happened here ?

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited December 1, 2011 in Holy Macro
Remains of a spider but really not sure what happened but think it was fairly recent.
Focus stacked using zerene stacker.
Brian V.

6429558937_d9c5623674_o.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    Looks to me like the spider molted And that's the exoskeleton. Like lobsters and crabs do.

thumb.gif

Don

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    my guess its done by a jumper
  • OverfocusedOverfocused Registered Users Posts: 1,068 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    Well captured as always... but that's pretty creepy. Even for me as a bug freak. Lol.

Basflt - Jumping spiders have eyes facing fowards... I don't think this is one.

Hey Brian, I have a question about Zerene... have you compared it with CombineZP and if so how much better/more successful is Zerene at not creating islands and halos? Even with a focusing rail and testing all stack modes, CombineZP never seems to want to work for me and I get less than satisfactory consistency of DOF (And I do have all the details captured, it just doesn't seem to blend them correctly) I result to manual stacking in CS4 for now, its a lot more accurate than CombineZP/ZM at the moment.

Maybe it's cause it's a web preview... but yeah, I'll let you answer that :)
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    Well captured as always... but that's pretty creepy. Even for me as a bug freak. Lol.

Basflt - Jumping spiders have eyes facing fowards... I don't think this is one.

question was ; what happened , not whatizzit
    jumpers are strong , and they do indeed leave a mess like this behind

seen it several times
    edited November 30, 2011
    basflt wrote: »
    question was ; what happened , not whatizzit
    jumpers are strong , and they do indeed leave a mess like this behind

seen it several times

I see!
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited November 30, 2011
    very interesting Brian, its not the remnants of an owl pellet is is? the stringy bits onleft hand side remind me of a pellet!
    edited November 30, 2011
    GOLDENORFE wrote: »
    very interesting Brian, its not the remnants of an owl pellet is is? the stringy bits onleft hand side remind me of a pellet!

It is quite dismembered... I don't think they molt that violently. You're probably right
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions.
    Did think it might just be a spider moult but they do not normally dismember the shell or do it inside what looked a bit like a cocoon.
    The owl pellet idea is interesting but I can't see how it would get onto the tile edge underneath a downstairs window.

Brian V.