Options

A new personal reality - redux

michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
edited December 4, 2011 in Street and Documentary
1) Selfie
DS21498-XL.jpg

2) Current Meds
DS22063-M.jpg

As I entered #2 in the current DSS challenge, I figured I'd update you guys as well. I'm much more ambulatory these days but not back in full working order, so to speak. It's still not clear where this journey is going to take me, although the ride has been and continues to be, um, interesting.

Comments

• Options
    RSLRSL Registered Users Posts: 839 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    #1's a great shot, Jennifer! Lee Friedlander would applaud. Get back in full working order so you can do more of this.
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    I'm liking #1, a complex image, the more you look the more you see

Good eye
    Rags
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2011
    Saw your entry -- I hope things continue to improve for you.

Really like #1, especially the weird color effect of the actual driver and car with the reflection looking normal (in color and which side the steering wheel is on....headscratch.gif). Had I taken this exact same shot, I would not be in it...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    Dig #1, sorry about #2.

Man I hope your 100% very very soon, I will keep the good thoughts for you.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2011
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Hey Jenn,
    I really like #1, like others say alot going on in that shot, plus with the giant window and the giant man next to you, you look really small (which you are not).
    Also a totally female observation, your hair looks different, I like it.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Jennifer, I am late to the forum so I wish you best of luck with your "fight."

#1 is definitely a Wow, you are very talented.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Hey Jenn,
    I really like #1, like others say alot going on in that shot, plus with the giant window and the giant man next to you, you look really small (which you are not).
    Also a totally female observation, your hair looks different, I like it.

Hey Liz, I had to put myself next to the giant John Cleese poster just to be a little smaller. :D I also gave my hair dude carte blanche to make some changes. A few snips and cuts later and everything is shorter.

richardman wrote: »
    Jennifer, I am late to the forum so I wish you best of luck with your "fight."

#1 is definitely a Wow, you are very talented.

Thanks Richard and others for the kind thoughts. I'll keep plodding ahead as I'm sorta stubborn that way. I've got to say, I'm a bit surprised that everyone likes the selfie. As to whether I have any talent? That's a whole other kettle of fish.
  • Options
    M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2011
    I'm drawn in by #1 with the sharpness and detail as well as color spectrum. Seeing you is also a bonus as I enjoy seeing other forum members tucked in their shots. Yet I can't reconcile the drivers fingers. In the reflection they appear to be all laying down, but in the actual part he appears to be flipping the bird. headscratch.gif Absolutely nothing to detract from the shot other than make me scratch my head.

As for #2, I'm wishing you a speedy and full recovery on your journey. And it's a great shot too.

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2011
    michswiss wrote: »
    .... I'm a bit surprised that everyone likes the selfie. As to whether I have any talent? That's a whole other kettle of fish.

I too like Selfie! As to the talent: An observer either sees it or they don't. Count me in for seeing it!thumb.gif

Your story, take-1 and redux: A New Personal Reality is inspiring. Your ability to transcend the clutter of the moment (within) is inspiring, as is the simple beauty of the shots themselves.

Best wishes on your Journey~
    tom wise
  • Options
    richardmanrichardman Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2011
    Jennifer, lets take apart #1, if you don't mind: I think in fact it works really well because if you take away any element, it's a different picture. You can't take the real life car, the photographer, the giant poster, and have the same impact. Journalistic integrity be damned, I will clone away his real life fingers so they do not distract (this point I agree with Russ). The elements are complex, and the whole is coherent. Well done.
    "Some People Drive, We Are Driven"
    // richard <http://www.richardmanphoto.com&gt;
    richardmanphoto on Facebook and Instagram