More Maine Road Shots - C&C

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited December 1, 2011 in Landscapes
I am looking for C&C on a few more shots from Maine. The locations are the same as my previous posts but the views are different. I have also been experimenting with LAB color in PS and I think the colors have been coming out richer, at least on my screen.

Thanks, Lauren

1. One of my favorite shots from the trip. Anything I can do better please let me know.
2011-10-15-00151LAB2-XL.jpg

2. After a rain
2011-10-15-00196-XL.jpg

3. Two roads diverging (my favorite poem is Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken") - 1 exposure
2011-10-15-00095LAB-XL.jpg

4. Same road, 11-shot pano stitched in PS, the largest file I've ever worked with
Two-Roads-Pano2-XL.jpg

2011-10-14-00050-XL.jpg

6. Another beautiful sunset on the lake
2011-10-15-00209LAB-XL.jpg
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Great stuff, Lauren. #1 just blows me away and #5 isn't far behind. I wish I could have been there to share this stuff with you.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Hi stranger. I'm with Tom. #1 is brilliant! Love the colours in #2. The framing n #5 is perfect and the colours in the clouds in the sunset shot are stunning! Well done.
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited December 1, 2011
    Awesome shots Lauren!

My favorite by far is the first image. That road looks very steep - was it reasonable to drive on?

--- Denise
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    all really nice, Lauren, but #1 is my favorite by far... it really pulls you into the scene and makes you want to follow that road and see where it goes!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 1, 2011
    Another super series, Lauren. #1 almost gives me vertigo! :wow It's a tough call between that one and #5.
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Thanks, ya'll. I truly appreciate the nice words and am glad you enjoyed #1 as much as I did. #5 is my second favorite also, because of the curved tree limbs.

The road in #1 was not quite as steep as it looks but it was long. I actually drove it from the opposite direction, out searching for road shots while my brother was hunting. When I looked in the rearview mirror, this is what I saw so I knew I had to stop and set up. I have several versions, all with the road in varying spots along the "rule of thirds." This was my favorite. It came as a metallic print yesterday and will be on the wall tomorrow. I got 11X14 but will probably reorder it larger as either a metal float or a canvas.

Actually, the road in the pano shot is just beyond where I stopped to shoot #1, looking in the opposite direction. All of these were taken around Upper Shin Pond, which is near the northern entrance to Baxter State Park, Maine. There are dirt roads galore, with open spaces like #1 and thicker woods than you see in #5. Lots of snowmobile trails, which make great hiking trails in summer and fall.

Tom - You know I will be going again next year, so grab your wife and meet us there!

Denise - I will see you in a few weeks. :D

Thanks,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com