A few Yellowstone shots

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited December 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
Here are a few shots I took in Yellowstone in April of this year. I tried to get back there again on my latest trip, but alas, Yellowstone was closed down for the winter (except snowmobile access)
Randy

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    These are all cool, but the last one, the waterfall, blows me away.
    Anybody can do it.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    Very nice series. Helps get me all excited....Darlene and I are booked into the Canyon Lodge in Yellowstone for 9 days this coming June. Got me a Jeep rented and I plan to really see the place.
    She's been there....I haven't.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • clearcreekclearcreek Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    I like the last one better.
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    wfeller wrote: »
    These are all cool, but the last one, the waterfall, blows me away.

Thanks for the nice comment Walter!

Did you happen to notice that it looks like a heart shape, framing the waterfall? (Maybe the heart of Yellowstone ne_nau.gif)
    Randy
    edited December 1, 2011
    Very nice series. Helps get me all excited....Darlene and I are booked into the Canyon Lodge in Yellowstone for 9 days this coming June. Got me a Jeep rented and I plan to really see the place.
    She's been there....I haven't.

Tom

Oh man Tom, that sounds like a super trip!!!

My pics were from a 2~4 hr (drive through) on my way to Canada. I can only imagine 9 full days!

I'd suggest that phone app "Photograpers Ephemeris", so that you can tell where and when exactly the sunrise and sunsets will be, therefore allowing you to be at a great place, at the right time for the light.
    Randy
    edited December 1, 2011
    clearcreek wrote: »
    I like the last one better.

Thanks!
    Randy
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    Oh man Tom, that sounds like a super trip!!!

My pics were from a 2~4 hr (drive through) on my way to Canada. I can only imagine 9 full days!

I'd suggest that phone app "Photograpers Ephemeris", so that you can tell where and when exactly the sunrise and sunsets will be, therefore allowing you to be at a great place, at the right time for the light.

That's a fantastic suggestion, pard. I really appreciate the heads-up on that one. After the 9 days at the Canyon Lodge, I'm moving my base of operations and will spend 3 days over in Cody, WY. Staying at the old hotel there. I want to get out and around and see as much of WY and MT as I can.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    rwells wrote: »
    Thanks for the nice comment Walter!

Did you happen to notice that it looks like a heart shape, framing the waterfall? (Maybe the heart of Yellowstone ne_nau.gif)

I was kind of thinking that- I can see why Tom's exicited. I'm not one to leave the desert except for once a year to the ocean, but this gets me thinking otherwise.
    Anybody can do it.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Wow ... that last one is nice thumb.gif First one too.
    edited December 4, 2011
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Wow ... that last one is nice thumb.gif First one too.

Thanks for the nice comments Mary!
    Randy