DSS#90 Letter V3

FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
edited December 1, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thankyou for the nice words on my entry for DSS90. More than a few people noted a contrast boost might be in order on the image.
In an effort to keep the gallery commenting as a positive and a benefit for improving, I thought I'd go back to the image and try to apply what some thought it needed.
I've posted the orginal LR3 adjusted image, the entry and then the image adjusted based on comments in the gallery.

Original-- as you can see, the area is flat overall with regard to black(s), and you can see a sensor spot the size of a friggin nickle that I forgot to remove in the upper right side... :o)
20111127Frolicv3Orig-M.jpg

Entered Version--
20111127Frolic-M.jpg

Adjusted for comments- Frolic v.3
20111127Frolicv3Orig-2-M.jpg

EDIT--
**as I look at it in this thread it looks swapped around but it's not. Odd.... oh well. It was worth a shot. At least you can see the orig really didn't have the contrasting tones.
The WaltDisneyConcertHall has this beautiful skin to it.

Comments

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,959 moderator
    edited December 1, 2011
    I went back and tried cropping my entry differently right after reading your comment.:D Heading to work now, but wonder whether a thread of post-gallery edits - for those who want to do so - might be useful? Just a thought.

Gretchen

P.S. I wasn't among those who said something about contrast so I didn't comment on your edit.
  • SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    I thought the contrast in the one you entered was fine. I wonder if the differences lie in the monitors. I know the one I have at work is a lot darker than the one I have at home. I have adjusted it, but then I can't see the software programs properly so back it goes to dark.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2011
    How did you convert? It may be that it needs selective "richening" for want of a better word. Sometimes in LR I'll play around with white balance as well as individual colour-sliders to try and get the oomph in the places I want without necessarily affecting the overall image.