The Guitar Teacher.

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited December 2, 2011 in People
This shot came from the same set of images I took at my kid's music school. This is Bryan's guitar music teacher. A very young man but highly qualified to teach classical guitar method. Although I know how to play the guitar I am a very poor teacher when it comes to passing the knowledge that I know to my son, Bryan. I guess being attached to him as his father has something to do with it. But from time to time, when he encounters a difficult piece I play it for him so he would know how the rhythm goes and what fingering would work better on the notes.

I shot this on one of those very small music booths that they have in school. Having two guitarists inside the booth made it impossible for me to go in and take a good picture of both so in the end I have to resort to taking a picture of them one at a time. This is the better of the three shots I took. I Kept the image in color because of the character of his beard and the nice quality of the wood on his specially made guitar. I also like the B&W conversion of this one but I lost the impact of the colors on the guitar and his beard. I was able to take this shot by opening up the booths' door and position myself from the outside. I'm glad the teacher allowed me to do that though the outside noise is very distracting to his teaching session. The booth was lit by a fluorescent fixture.

Thank you very much for viewing.

6442874879_a332d8c0f8_b.jpg
Nikon D70, 50mm lens, ISO 800, f/2.2 @ 1/125 second.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/