Options

Wall Portrait Help

TigerActionShotsTigerActionShots Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited December 5, 2011 in People
Hello all, newbie here. I've done several Senior Portraits this year. Most printing sites want to offer canvas prints. Can anyone help me? I'm looking to order a wall portrait. But want the type most people get from professional photographers that is framed and the image is hardened and looks like a rough brushstroke. I hope I explained that well enough.
Whats that print called?
And can it be ordered and printed anywhere??

Comments

• Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    Not sure what you mean... can you post a picture of an example?
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    RebelSolRebelSol Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2011
  • Options
    TigerActionShotsTigerActionShots Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited December 5, 2011
    I'm not explaining myself well enough I guess. I do not want canvas. I want the only type of wall portrait you could order probably 20 years ago, and still today. It's framed (the frame usually costs more than the picture) the frame has no glass covering the picture, and the picture is hardened, with like a textured finish.
  • Options
    Brock62Brock62 Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    try looking at MPIX.com
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    Check out Bay Photo. There are pages there on framed images, Thin-Wraps (not sure if they can be framed, but I don't see why they couldn't) and then this page on textures applied to the print.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    threecubedthreecubed Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    I think what's throwing you off in your search is that you don't think you want canvas. The type of framed prints you are talking about ARE done on canvas. It's just not the frameless canvas gallery wrap that is currently popular. You want a more classic framed canvas with a textured coating applied.