North Dakota in BW

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited December 5, 2011 in Landscapes
First two are by the Sheyenne National Grasslands. Last one was taken while traveling down a gravel road. Not sure where I was :scratch

1 ..

i-d5NC73w-L.jpg

2 --

i-4jnxPdF-L.jpg

3 --

i-P8B7xC5-XL.jpg

Comments

• brvheartbrvheart Registered Users Posts: 434 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2011
    OHHHH MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2011
    brvheart wrote: »
    OHHHH MARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love them!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!!!!

Thank you :D
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2011
    Nice work, Mary. I particularly like the second one. I wish I was better at doing B&W...but, like Joel said in another post, there's more to doing it right than meets the eye.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2011
    Mary- these are great conversions. Beautiful tones in your b&w.
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
    edited December 4, 2011
    Nice work, Mary. I particularly like the second one. I wish I was better at doing B&W...but, like Joel said in another post, there's more to doing it right than meets the eye.

Tom

Howdy Tom :D

Glad you enjoyed the 2nd photo. Of all the lone trees out there for some reason that one really stood out to me. Part of the Sheyenne Grasslands is loaded with trees like this. Someday I'm going to spend just taking photos of them.

B&W .... it's not an easy conversion. I'm still learning every time I do it.
    edited December 4, 2011
    anwmn1 wrote: »
    Mary- these are great conversions. Beautiful tones in your b&w.

Thank you for your nice comment. I'm really trying to learn this B&W conversion. Seems when fall comes BW is the best way to go most times.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 4, 2011
    Very pretty shots, Mary. Two thumbs up for composition and conversion. The last one is my fave. thumb.gifthumb.gif
    edited December 5, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Very pretty shots, Mary. Two thumbs up for composition and conversion. The last one is my fave. thumb.gifthumb.gif

Thank you for the kinds words :D

The last photo .. that was a scary place. I was hunting down a ghost town which took me to such a desolate area. With sloughs on both sides of that road one doesn't want to travel down it when you can see water on the road. Sure wanted to tho :D
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    Mary, your conversions are very well done--you are really putting out some nice B&W work. That second shot just jumped out at me--I love the simplicity and the mood and it's a perfect subject for B&W. Good work!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
    edited December 5, 2011
    redleash wrote: »
    Mary, your conversions are very well done--you are really putting out some nice B&W work. That second shot just jumped out at me--I love the simplicity and the mood and it's a perfect subject for B&W. Good work!

Lauren

Thank you Lauren :D