Wachlella Falls

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited December 14, 2011 in Landscapes
took a day trip down to the Oregon side of the Columbia Gorge over the weekend, with the intention of shooting Wachlella Falls. made it to the falls okay, but probably should have done it a couple of months ago. lots of water coming over the falls, couldn't get too close because the spray fogged my lens after one or two shots, and it was pretty gloomy down there in the canyon... i did manage some decent pics of the basin at large, though...

IMG_9993_1sm.jpg

IMG_0006_1sm.jpg

IMG_0011_1cropsm.jpg

IMG_0037rdx_1sm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    First and last ones are quite nice, really like the green-- I love mossy textures. Does seem a bit on the cool side, not sure if that's what you were going for or not.
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    MarkR wrote: »
    First and last ones are quite nice, really like the green-- I love mossy textures. Does seem a bit on the cool side, not sure if that's what you were going for or not.

believe it or not, the cool look in these is AFTER i'd already 'warmed up' the images! it was very cold, misty and dim in the gorge, and the sun had long gone behind the bluffs. i may try warming these up a bit more, and see of that helps... thanks!
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

• TreyHoffTreyHoff Registered Users Posts: 388 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    Nice Set...the 4th shot is my fav. Despite the weather, I bet it was venturesome being there.
  • photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    I really like # 4 the best. Nice photos.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 6, 2011
    What an absolutely magical place. I love the misty look in these, Rocky. Great job, I'm envious. nod.gif
    edited December 6, 2011
    thanks, guys! :D
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Bryans12vBryans12v Registered Users Posts: 362 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2011
    Lovely set! Light and detail set these apart! Mind sharing the setup? Body, lens, etc?
    edited December 10, 2011
    Bryans12v wrote: »
    Lovely set! Light and detail set these apart! Mind sharing the setup? Body, lens, etc?

thanks, Bryan! these were shot with a Canon 5D (original) and a Tamron SP24-135 lens with a polarizer. used a tripod, of course, with a remote shutter release. shutter speeds and apertures varied, but all were shot at ISO 100.
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night

• Doug SolisDoug Solis Registered Users Posts: 1,190 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    very nice set. this looks like a great spot, how long of a hike is it?
  • spacefuzzspacefuzz Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    I really like the last one, great lines
  • nazquelnazquel Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2011
    hi rocky, love num 4 and had similar comments on the warmth of the image, even before seeing the others! well done...
    Navin Sarma

Washington, D.C., based landscape and fine art photographer

http://navinsarmaphotography.com/
    edited December 14, 2011
    thanks, guys! :D

Doug Solis wrote: »
    very nice set. this looks like a great spot, how long of a hike is it?

Doug, it's a pretty short hike, a bit less than a mile from the parking lot. a bit of up and down, but not bad, even for a geezer like me! rolleyes1.gif
    ~ Rocky
    Three Dog Night