Misty Scotland

PlayerPlayer Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
edited December 6, 2011 in Landscapes
Hello,

First post here on DGRIN! Would love some feedback on a few shots before printing & eventually posting to my smugmug site I'm planning.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    That's awesome!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    very cool... dramatic sky, nice light... the castle seems a bit dark, but that could just be the angle of the light...
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited December 6, 2011
    Terrific comp and light. We don't see enough shots from the British Isles around here.

BTW, don't be afraid to post your shots larger next time. We have an awesome "stretchy" feature which allows your shots to grow depending on the size of the user's browser.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    BTW, don't be afraid to post your shots larger next time. We have an awesome "stretchy" feature which allows your shots to grow depending on the size of the user's browser.

One of the many ways that embedding images is better than attaching. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Art MorganArt Morgan Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    squirl033 wrote: »
    very cool... dramatic sky, nice light... the castle seems a bit dark, but that could just be the angle of the light...
    15524779-Ti.gif

If you could lighten the lower parts of the castle, I think it would bring the castle to the viewer's attention a bit better. And I'd clone out the white pole thing to the left of the castle.

Overall, great image and thanks for sharing. thumb.gif
  • PlayerPlayer Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    Good points... Will try to brighten up the castle a bit and pull more detail out of the ground it stands on.
  • PlayerPlayer Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    OK second try... What do you think?
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    This is an amazing location photographed in the AM, in good light with some lake fog it looks incredible....this is kind of cool but don't think this light is ideal. Second version does look better.
    Still... a cool shot.