Under the Bridge

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited December 6, 2011 in Landscapes
The Veteran's Bridge is a major artery into Rochester, NY. There's also a hiking path that meanders through it.
IMGP0246-XL.jpg

IMGP0254-XL.jpg

IMGP0255-XL.jpg

Here's the bridge itself:

IMGP0251-XL.jpg

And a slightly(?) overcooked look across the gorge. Yes, the Genesee River really is that color. Sorry, Genny Beer fans.

IMGP0241-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking. C&C always welcome.

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,240 moderator
    edited December 6, 2011
    It is a magnificent bridge, isn't it? The stonework is amazing. I like the first shot and comp the best of the five. All of the others have too many branches covering the main subject, taking away from it. The downspout in the first is a bit distracting and if it was mine, I would crop that corner out. Thanks for presenting the series!
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    MarkR wrote: »
    Yes, the Genesee River really is that color.
    Are you sure it isn't running upside down? :D
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    Are you sure it isn't running upside down? :D

Actually, it is one of the few rivers in the world that runs north-- it empties out into Lake Ontario. :D
    edited December 6, 2011
    David_S85 wrote: »
    It is a magnificent bridge, isn't it? The stonework is amazing. I like the first shot and comp the best of the five. All of the others have too many branches covering the main subject, taking away from it. The downspout in the first is a bit distracting and if it was mine, I would crop that corner out. Thanks for presenting the series!

Point taken about the trees. Unfortunately I was limited by railings and such, but I might take another shot at it next time I'm over there. Funny to think that I have more pictures of, say, Niagara Falls and Hershey PA than I do of something I drive over every day.
  • W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    MarkR wrote: »
    Actually, it is one of the few rivers in the world that runs north-- it empties out into Lake Ontario. :D
    I can name many, but most are in the other world - the one beyond the continental USA where most people live! eek7.gif
    edited December 6, 2011
    I can name many, but most are in the other world - the one beyond the continental USA where most people live! eek7.gif

I was basing my statement on a rather short list here: http://www.worldatlas.com/aatlas/infopage/riversno.htm

However, most true Rochesterians know that there are only two rivers that flow north in the whole world: The Genesee and the Nile. :lol