Options

Need help, I'm a bonehead!

TheCheeseheadTheCheesehead Registered Users Posts: 249 Major grins
edited December 10, 2011 in Digital Darkroom
I had another thread going, LR3 vs. CS5, but started this one because now I created a new problem. So, I ordered a student version of CS5 Extended, it came in the mail a few days ago. I had already downloaded a trial CS5 version from adobe, and planned on entering the new serial number when it arrived. So I opened up the new software tonight, started entering the numbers, and well they won't work. I look closer at the CD, and it's for MAC OS...I run Windows 7. So, after a few expletives I look online at my order history, sure enough, I clicked on the Mac Version. The school info page says no returns no matter what. The instructions say to go to Adobe first and give them the license number, then I'm guessing they will give me another one. Any ideas anyone? Can I resell this version to someone that has a Mac if I didn't register it yet? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2011
    Adobe used to have a platform switch program for those that switched from Windows to Mac (or vice versa) for those with the most current version of the product.

Des this help?

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405819.html
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 6, 2011
    I had another thread going, LR3 vs. CS5, but started this one because now I created a new problem. So, I ordered a student version of CS5 Extended, it came in the mail a few days ago. I had already downloaded a trial CS5 version from adobe, and planned on entering the new serial number when it arrived. So I opened up the new software tonight, started entering the numbers, and well they won't work. I look closer at the CD, and it's for MAC OS...I run Windows 7. So, after a few expletives I look online at my order history, sure enough, I clicked on the Mac Version. The school info page says no returns no matter what. The instructions say to go to Adobe first and give them the license number, then I'm guessing they will give me another one. Any ideas anyone? Can I resell this version to someone that has a Mac if I didn't register it yet? Thanks

Adobe will Chat with you in real time and advise you as to the proper course.
    tom wise
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2011
    Thanks, I used RogersDA link and submitted a platform change request, I'll know in a couple days if it works. I'm such a tool.
  • Options
    edited December 6, 2011
    I hope it works for you. I did this years ago when I switched from a Windows-based computer to Apple. At that time I had no problem. I just had to certify that the old CD was destroyed, and I had to send in the serial # I believe.

Good luck to you.
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2011
    Everything worked out, they sent a new CD. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2011
    Glad it worked out for you! clap.gif